Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free
recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products
and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic
region, and the head and neck.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and
services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and
rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right
people on our team.
Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.Help us shape the
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career.
Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Create, communicate and implement strategies, and achieve all areas of Key account objectives related to driving
competitive conversions. Continually develop and enhance relationships with executives and decision-makers at all key
strategic IDN’s and accounts. Establish and own relationships with the C-Level, VP and Director level call points at
targeted accounts. Own the creation and dissemination of the value proposal up to and including active communication
with Area Vice Presidents and Regional Managers and key internal corporate contacts resulting in Surgical Devices
penetration and premium growth within account base.
A Medtronic Director Key Accounts is responsible for driving conversions within targeted IDNs and key targeted accounts
to gain new business by implementing contracts within GPO’s (General Purchasing Organizations).
- Successful proven track record and high-level sales and sales management required.
- Successful track record of complex project management during conversions, RFP processes, and implementation of
unique Strategic accounts programs
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, coaching and building a high performance team. Has ability to inspire team
members by leading from the front without direct personnel responsibility.
-Self motivated, action oriented with a hunter mentality that drives for results. Constantly exceeds goals and is a top
-Strong business acumen with proven track record is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
-Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders.
-Proven problem solving skills, uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
-High level of presentation skills in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct
reports, and senior leadership.
-Proven negotiating skills, can negotiate skillfully in a tough situation with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Achieve all Key accounts business objectives and revenue goals.
· Communicate/ implement Key accounts customer relationship strategy.
· Create and implement Key accounts strategy to internal and external customers.
· Conduct business reviews with top strategically important accounts.
· Develop and enhance relationships with executives at key accounts and IHNs in division.
· Coordinate all contracting efforts with NAAVP responsible for GPO’s.
· Manage all area budgets and profitability objectives.
· Increase Medtronic product sales and corporate relationship through liaison with GPO/IDN sales team.
· Enforce company policy
· Ensure that all corporate assets are maintained in excellent condition.
· Develop and maintain active target list of future targets/competitive hospitals.
· Conduct meetings at key accounts to address issues, concerns, and opportunities.
· Interact closely with Medtronic Surgical Device Marketing and other identified key internal stakeholders. Keep the
department informed regarding significant trends, competitive strategies, issues and opportunities.
· Maintain a high level of expertise in US Healthcare Economics, reimbursement, provider merger and acquisitions,
and distributor and GPO trends.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Education required/ preferred:
4 years of college
Minimum 5-7 years professional sales experience in medical sales, GPO management or IHN supply chain management.
Excellent understanding of vendor, distributor, relationship management within the hospital supply chain
Excellent written, verbal skills; ability to develop, present and manage complex business RFP processes, supply chain interaction and conversion processes
Ability to gain support and communicate with all levels of USS organization
Report to Regional Vice President of Key Accounts
With frequent communication to: Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, and PME
Key element is flexibility and ability to work independently. Ability to travel as much as necessary for position.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.