Director, Kaizen Promotion Office
8 - 10 years experience • Patient Care
As the Director of Kaizen Promotion Office, you will work with all levels throughout Alameda Health System (AHS), engaging with executive management, management, staff, physicians and patients in fostering culture change. You will use LEAN and Six Sigma tools to drive culture change and instill a consistent management methodology that will deliver optimum overall performance, while positively affecting the bottom line of our operations. You will focus on zero defects, eliminating waste, aligning and optimizing resources and significantly improving our patient experience.
With your extensive experience and training in LEAN and Six Sigma tools, you will train and ensure certification of the targeted Executives, Directors, Managers and Members of the Medical Executive Committee in LEAN tools and techniques. You will develop the Kaizen Promotion Office (KPO) and model for AHS and act as a sensei.
- Serves as a change agent for developing a culture characterized by consistent discipline, quality focus, transparency and accountability.
- Leads the development of a 'culture of learning' through creation of a comprehensive educational plan for implementing the management method and tools for all levels of the organization as well as opportunities for self-study and ongoing education.
- Provides critical industry and local insight on the definition and integration of adopted methodologies into ACMC locations; expected to retain expert status in LEAN methods and tools; ensure that ACMC uses LEAN to improve daily operations.
- Accountable for KPO and LEAN project management results, development of Kaizen Promotion Office resources and execution of priority projects as defined by the Executive Management Team; require that all Managers/Directors/Executives sponsor targeted number of VSMs annually.
- Directs the Kaizen Promotion Office Team to continually serve as educators, advocates and advisors on the adopted management methods and tools throughout the organization to foster widespread use and rapid adoption.
- Establishes and maintains a framework for keeping visible and recognizing the value derived from all organization-wide projects that utilize the new management methodology and tools.
- Develops and ensures ongoing compliance with overall dashboard metrics that impact process improvement throughout the organization; ensures alignment of value reporting with the rest of the organization.
- Serves as a change agent to promote, educate instill a culture of waste identification by utilizing lean concepts, principles and tools; mentors and supports ACMC operational team members in how to apply and manage adopted management methods and tools.
- Manages and develops Kaizen Promotion Office team members and internalization of skills across the System; selects, trains and evaluates employees.
- Mentors and supports ACMC project leaders, support executive operational leaders by providing them both technical and organizational expertise; develops experts in operations as well as othersupport departments.
- Participates in annual ACMC budget cycle and strategic planning process to select appropriate projects to apply the adopted management methods and tools; partners with appropriate leadership to select improvement areas and build a robust improvement strategy and tactical plans.
- Owns and manages the development and deployment of the Kaizen Promotion Office plan to support the organization's education and improvement goals; develops, maintains and ensures compliance with policies and procedures that impact process improvement throughout the organization.
- Develops and maintains a project pipeline, including integration of regular updates to maintain alignment with ACMC strategic operating priorities; implementation of a robust project review process; data driven, timely and concise.
- Quantitatively analyze data to drive quantifiable benefits supporting business owners with operating accountability for results' assure qualitative or soft benefits are identified and the supporting business owners with operating accountability track and manage to report results.
- Develops partnerships with strategic external advisors as well as otherlean leaders across the healthcare industry to advance the KPO at ACMC as well as share best practices with other (Safety Net) providers.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare or related field. Master's degreepreferred.
Experience: Five years implementing LEAN/Six Sigma philosophy or formal and certified lean/six sigma training or Toyota Production System training. Seven to ten years of overall management/supervisory experience is required. Four or more years of clinical operationsexperience is preferred. Two years active deployment and implementation preferred.
Preferred Licenses/Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.