About the role
This exciting opportunity is a key role within the Joint Ventures team and will encompass a broad range of accountabilities. The primary responsibility of the Director - Joint Ventures Brazil will be Profit & Loss accountability and growth of the organisation. The Director – JV will be responsible for providing high quality representation of RTA interacting with the Government, as well as community, customers, suppliers, stakeholders, Associations, and potential business partners.
Reporting to the GM, Joint Ventures Aluminium, you will:
- Supervise the work done in Treasury activities and to participate directly or giving coordinates to the participation in several expert committees related to this very subject;
- Increase management's efficiency by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, mentorship, counseling, and focusing managers; communicates values, strategies, and objectives; assigns accountabilities, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Contribute in order to ensure quality and compliance of official statements and legal procedures, as well as to provide strategic alignment and guidance aiming at ensuring that Compliance functions are performed according to RT governance principles and guidelines;
- Support RT Business & Development team activities in Brazil, from basically identifying new business opportunities or consolidating the ones under development, to the project implementation;
- Analyse global economic and industry dynamics, drivers, opportunities and threats that impact Alumina and may have consequences for other RT businesses;
- Be the RT representative in Brazil before the various levels of Government, as well as before competitors, community, customers, suppliers, stakeholders, Associations, and potential business partners;
- Represent Alumina’s interests in the joint ventures in which it participates;
- Develop and communicate rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value and maintains competitive advantage for Alumina and RT’s Bauxite & Alumina Group.
- Balance long and short-term requirements to make decisions that maximize Alumina’s performance as well as the RT shareholder value;
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role you’ll need a
- University degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Mining, Civil, Production) or Geologist.
- Post-Graduation and/or MBA degree will be considered a “plus” but the most important is the previous experience in General Management positions under multicultural and multidisciplinary type of corporate environment.
- A proven experience in General Management position of a small operation from a local multinational subsidiary or equivalent.
- International experience (assignment abroad) will be considered an important differentiation.
- Proficient in English and Portuguese. French proficiency will be considered a plus.
- Commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management.
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Career development & education assistance to further your leadership ambitions
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)