This position will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of Contact Center Voice Technology solutions. Responsibilities include managing multiple Interactive Voice Responses (IVRs), computer telephony interface (CTI), and WorkHub. The Director will be responsible for building a highly motivated and talented team, coaching, and mentoring them to deliver high quality products and services. The Director will partner with business units to establish goals, influence, and effectively communicate the vision set by Senior Leadership.
This role provides leadership that promotes teamwork, employee respect, empowerment and open communication. The successful candidate sets strategic direction and governs service delivery for contact center and develops and maintains SLA's alongside internal business partners that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Director will develop and adhere to budget while meeting or exceeding expectations and goals/metrics. They will also work very closely with the cross-functional teams to understand system and process constraints, improvements, and proactive communication to known issues that may impact customers. The Director will be responsible for full regulatory and legal compliance across multiple states and markets and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and internal business controls.
Market and Industry Knowledge: Analyzes technology trends, adoption and discover opportunities for growth. Reviews tracking reports and stays continuously updated on results. Develops strategies for application leads to support growth opportunities for products and services. Remains current on all wireless/mobility products and services, industry and competitive trends, and reinforce findings with the team.
Customer focus: Recommends, develops, and implements process improvements. Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner. Derives actionable insights from the voice of the customer.
Functional Accountability: Responsible for the leadership of one or more sub-function(s) within the area, region or major function; implements the sub-functions strategic direction; recommendsand participates in generating company policies.
Individual Contributor Role: Leads multidisciplinary projects or initiative(s) and is accountable for investment in the project. Creates networks with key decision makers involving coordination among groups (external and internal).
Managerial Role: Director of People - Developsand establishes policiesand strategies within area managed. Typically has multiple managers (Band 6) reporting. May have a Band 5 individual contributor as a direct report.
Span and Layer Guidelines: Typically has minimum of 6 direct reports, while having a matrix org structure.
Decision Making Authority: Acts with relative independence in area of responsibility; responsible for managing budget and/or staff within subfunction(s).Line of sight: 3 to 5 years.
Work Complexity: Develops policiesand procedures for assigned subfunction(s); tasks are multiple and diverse; work requires interpretation to ensure appropriate application. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniquesand evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- E2E delivery responsibility for multiple IVRs, which supports 5M+ inbound and outbound calls per day with 24x7 availability
- IVR Platform migration from Periphonics to Avaya AEP
- Nuance NR11, Speech Optimization, Voice Authentication, and Passive Biometrics
- Digital integration for Key # functions, such as #DATA, #MIN, and #BAL
- Manage homegrown outbound dialer platform for Collections, Marketing, click to call, after call survey, hold my place
- Agent assistant platform WorkHub and CTI integration
- Predictive IVR integration with Pega
- Enhanced Customer Engagement (ECE) integration with DCF and Digital integration
- Skill Based / Analytics-Assisted call routing
- Activation services, Power on activation and smartsetup
- Enable voice bot through emerging chat platforms like google dialog flow / kore.ai
- Establish objectives, create road maps, and align with key business partners and stakeholders to ensure delivery of customer care organizational goals
- Lead emerging technology direction, facilitate key decision points, convert requirements into working product outcomes and drive integration with various vendor productsLead the Care R&O delivery support for tactical and transformative initiatives
- Drive DevOps implementation including ideation, business case, design, stakeholder management, development, trials and delivery using industry standard processes and tools
- Partner with onshore and offshore delivery team to create and optimize VRU, Predictive treatment, speech recognition and cross channel experience
- Deliver results within budget, time, quality and strategic and tactical key performance goals
- Document and comply with software quality, data security and compliance processes
- Create proposals and present effectively to a diverse audience; manage stakeholders
- Hire, retain, develop high performing motivated talent and leaders both onshore and offshore; manage teams in both direct and matrix structures; manage multi-skilled global contractors and employees
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, or related field. Accelerated degree preferred.
- 710+ years of relevant Voice / DTMF / Speech management experience
- 10+ years of technology leadership, including solid understanding of technology selection, architecture, and full stack implementation
- Required knowledge of IVR, VUI, Speech engineering, CTI, Contact Center Operations
- Must have demonstrated experience in partnering with Business and IT teams at multiple levels to drive alignment and delivery of complex problems
- Ability to identify opportunities, facilitate workout sessions to ideate and come up with joint cross functional solutions to improve IVR, IVR-digital and OMNI experiences
- Strong presentation skills to communicate complex concepts effectively
- Strong experience in DevOps, Microservices, Cloud Native technologies
- 4+ years of experience in business process transformation, user experience optimization
- 5+ years of Software Engineering and Development experience, including leading IT teams through Business Analysis and Project Management
- 4+ years of experience in troubleshooting and supporting mission critical 24x7 production systems, lead real-time high stake risk mitigation plan, and drive timely decisions
- 5+ years of direct people management experience, including leadership of diverse global teams; experience leading senior talent, mentoring and coaching