Director, IT Talent Management
Summary of This Role
This role will be responsible for the program management of all global talent acquisition activities across the enterprise in support of a large and vibrant IT organization located in multiple countries and locations across the United States. Global talent acquisition experience, specifically with India, is required. Deep understanding of the current trends and challenges in IT staffing to include knowledge of commonly used technology stacks, certifications, and IT skill sets are also required for this role. The successful candidate for this position will serve as a partner and trusted advisor for the CIO’s team within the IT organization to identify and execute strategies for achieving IT talent demands. Global cultural awareness, great verbal and written communication skills, strong relationship building skills, and robust IT knowledge will be key skills our organization is seeking. The position will have some travel globally and domestically, although this is not anticipated to be extensive. While this is not a leadership position, the successful candidate will need to be comfortable working with senior leadership to create strategies, provide updates, address issues and concerns, and to consult on best practices. In addition, the successful candidate should be comfortable working in a matrix environment with peers who may be working specific roles independently to coach, remove barriers, etc. Experience working within multiple time zones and in a virtual team environment is also a necessity. Understanding of agency models, and experience with managing contingent workforce relationships would also be of great benefit in this role.
o Identifying key IT skill needs across the entire organization
o Creating a strategy to address these needs in partnership with the CIO and her directs, to include understanding both current and future technology needs and growth plans
o Researching and advising the CIO and team on best geographies to attract talent with key skill sets
o Building pipelines through a variety of methods to assist in filling IT roles
o Monitoring the IT recruiting strategy and progress across all IT teams
o Coaching current staff who are recruiting for IT roles and focus on manager education for hiring best practices
o Championing tool sets that can be used to more effectively recruit and ensure tools are appropriately utilized to maximize recruiting efforts
o Working with employment branding, contingent workforce, internship responsibilities to support and represent IT interests within these areas
What Part Will You Play?
- You'll participate in the company's strategic direction for IT with focus on implementing a solid talent acquisition strategy and practice. You will work in partnership with Human Resource (HR) leaders on succession planning to measure the company's bench strength and identify future resource needs. You will serve as a trusted advisor to business units in developing/changing search strategies to effectively meet long term talent needs. You may assist in the selection and relationship management of external staffing agencies. You will provide support and guidance for recruiters focused on IT roles.
- You will monitor recruiting sources and effectiveness for hiring IT roles, leveraging job boards, professional associations and social networking sites. Additional responsibilities will include evaluation of the effectiveness of candidate pools within the applicant tracking system, creation of strategies to focus on passive candidates to build a database of potential candidates for hard-to-fill positions and incorporation of the company culture as a compelling selling point for candidates. Staying abreast of new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting, you may implement new sources and techniques. You'll work with recruiters, staffing agencies and hiring managers to manage expectations, provide updates and create talent strategies. You will intercede to identify critical sourcing needs and provide an action plan to address the needs in partnership with HR, IT and other teams as needed.
- You will understand and interpret job requirements to identify the best methods to source applicants for roles, while partnering with hiring managers to develop an understanding of changes to or new job requirements, as needed. You'll provide guidance on how to create a job posting that attracts the right applicants and communicate regularly with leadership to provide status updates, determine effectiveness of recruiting campaigns, and set direction to improve results. You will create management level reporting to provide ongoing, consistent feedback on talent acquisition processes and successes.
- You will strive to understand relevant trends in the IT industry and provides guidance and mentorship to corporate recruiters sourcing for roles. You may negotiate the salary and benefit terms for candidates and/or assist recruiters on difficult negotiations.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or 8 years of professional recruiting experience in lieu of degree
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Experience
- Knowledge of IT roles and industry
- Global Talent Acquisition Experience, specifically in India
- Recruiting/staffing experience supporting IT roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship skills
- Master's Degree
- Human Resources, Management, Business Administration
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Experience
- Mix of agency and corporate recruiting
- Experience with employment branding activities; building an employment brand
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Experience with recruiting IT roles globally. Creative thinker and great communicator. Analytical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Supervision - This role will not have direct reports, but will have matrix reporting responsibilities across several recruiting organizations as a team lead. The role will report into the head of global talent for the enterprise.
- Travel Flexibility - This role may require both domestic and international travel periodically.
- Internet and Social Media - Strong working knowledge of professional and social media sites that can be used for attracting IT candidates.
- Systems - Applicant Tracking System, Human Resource Information System. Knowledge of IT assessment tools, such as HackerRank and Hirevue. Workday Recruiting experience a plus.