Director, IT, Sales Operations Support
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The director will manage a team of business analysts in the development and support of the company’s business processes and strategies in specific functional areas such as Sales/Marketing
- The director will develop a future strategy and make sure that the strategy aligns to the business and overall IT strategies
- This individual will be accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management
- This individual is responsible for operational delivery as well as broad, multi-function, global and multi-site strategic leadership
- This individual will be accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management.
- This individual will work closely with business owners, system developers and vendors to achieve results in support of business strategies.
- Staffs and manages IT project teams and/or service units with specialists to ensure results meet negotiated customer expectations and adhere to internal IT standards, methodologies, and strategies; accountable for planning development initiatives
- This individual will work closely with IT management, business owners, BAs, developers and vendors to achieve results in support of business strategies.
- The director will guides staff in completing their tasks, coordinates workflow and provides skill training based on personal proficiency in the technical processes, techniques, and tools they use which includes Salesforce.com, Eloqua, and Planisware
- This position will also be required to lead and manage projects with a medium to high degree of complexity
- The incumbent will be responsible for meeting IT performance and reliability goals and business Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- This individual will work with IT management to deliver a cohesive strategic plan for Sales
- The team member will be responsible for drawing conclusions, providing consumer insight, and making recommendations based on strategic understanding of the data collected by working with the technical team and the business analysts
- The director will also manage teams which including non-exempt employees
- This role requires providing subject matter guidance to employees as required
- This role requires providing career development guidance to employees as required
- This role requires the ability to be flexible and operate both strategically and tactically
- This individual will be responsible for defining effective, risk-based strategies, delivering the development for the IT projects, and accomplishing streamlined delivery efforts while meeting project objectives as well as business partner expectations
- This individual will be working with the analysts in the delivery processes from initial implementation through the deployment state
Travel Requirements: 25% is the required travel but may change during projects
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
- Prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited direction
- Develop business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement
- Build a strategy for Sales organization and IT
- Ensure that all projects maintain and track to an approved timeline and budget
- Work independently and bring solutions and strategies to executives
- Manage a team of professionals
- Identify project scope and objectives. Manages a cross-functional team including third party vendors and other resources; coordinates activities to achieve goals.
- Follow AMRI Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures
- Other projects and duties as required/assigned
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 10 years combined experience support Sales from an IT perspective including CRM preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to work and understand multiple business units
- Managing AOP, work plans, budgets project management
- Management of a team of developers
- Working across and with multi-functional global groups
- Project Management experience with medium to large sized projects
- Thorough knowledge of the sales process
- MS/MBA a plus
- Oracle ERP
- Experience with Planisware or other resource management tool
- 10-12 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry