What You’ll Be Doing
You will be joining the Regulatory Reporting Services group within CIBC’s Capital Markets Technology department, reporting to the Sr. Director, Regulatory Reporting Services. As Director, IT Quality Engineering, you will be accountable for leading and directing QE testing strategies, utilizing existing and/or adopting new methodologies, managing test environments and leveraging existing and new toolsets to bring best of breed delivery practices to Regulatory Reporting Technology and cross line of business enterprise initiatives leveraging Capital Markets Technology solutions. Ideally, you have a passion for exploring innovative solutions in a complex environment.
How You’ll Succeed
- Strategic Development & Execution: Direct, manage and deliver all aspects of QE for large, complex, mission critical application projects. Identify the drivers, strategies and needs of the technology solution and the QE delivery strategy to support those projects. Facilitate smooth workflow of the department; ensuring high standards and quality of technical work. Direct reviews of requirements, tools and technologies for improving quality and reducing costs. Oversee resource planning, forecasting, financial tracking/reporting, establishing and implementing of governance structure for shared test environments.
- Relationship Management: Ensure that strong relationships are maintained within CIBC and business partner teams supporting project testing efforts and ensure resolution of issues arising from the application of test strategies and implementation plans. Participate in formal post-mortem and process improvements. Proactively manage offshore vendor relationships for project resources to ensure effective utilization. Manage relationships with delivery areas and business partners; interface and maintain communications, monitor business and technology developments and provide on-time response and support.
- Strong Leadership: Lead a team to perform duties related to planning QE and testing activities. Form, build and manage effective teams in a matrix fulltime/onshore/offshore model. Facilitate/guide the development and application of agile testing strategies, methodologies, environments and tools using best of breed practices.
Who You Are
- You can demonstrate experience with: Leading and motivating a high performance Quality Engineering team which can collaboratively function within an Agile Scrum environment, across multiple portfolios. You have strong negotiation and influencing skills to resolve situations that involve recognizing and responding to underlying concerns where others need to be convinced of the value of preferred alternatives or compromise solutions. Extensive experience in planning, coordination and implementation of multiple concurrent projects. You have experience working with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean) and techniques/tools (Story Mapping, backlog management techniques, user stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration (CI/CD), Automated Testing, and Agile Games). You have an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), QE Methodologies, Configuration Management, Defect Tracking Systems and Automated Test Tools gained through at least 10 years of experience in a testing environment. Ideally, you have led QE teams in implementing automated techniques, tools and processes. It’s an asset if: You have previous experience supporting financial services business processes and operations sufficient to understand business partner needs and develop test strategies across business areas. You Have an understanding of Cloud based applications, are familiar with AI and how QA/QE can take advantage of Machine Learning in bringing efficiencies and identifying potential areas of QE focus.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You have a degree/diploma: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical domain. Engineering/Computer Science would be an asset.
- You embrace and champion change: You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best. You empower and enable your team to make continuous improvement, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You're passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning.
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan