Reporting to the CFO, this this key role will lead the IT function for Puma Biotechnology company-wide. You will be responsible for understanding business operations and needs, translating these needs into business technology requirements, and working to determine effective approaches and solutions that are consistent with corporate IT strategy and platforms. Ultimately, you will be responsible for ensuring that suitable, scalable and appropriately secure and resilient IT infrastructure and solutions are deployed and supported that support the current and future technology, data, and business process needs of the company.
You will function as a business partner with our leadership team and direct a team of local IT professionals in support of nearly three hundred end users who work remotely and in our Los Angeles headquarters and San Francisco commercial operations office.
Additionally, you will be managing all interactions with IT vendors to ensure the highest quality of support and designing and restructuring current IT infrastructure to meet current needs.
- Work with vendors to plan, develop, implement, maintain, operate and support all IT infrastructure including LAN, WAN, and telecommunications..
- Manage Information & Regulated Systems teams providing scheduling, project plans, technical support and guidance.
- Perform Senior Level support on all IT related systems.
- Plan and formulate IT and Regulated Systems policies to meet the current and future needs of business.
- Coordinate and/or act as liaison between other departments, organizations, suppliers, customers and vendors to meet business objectives.
- Direct the selection, installation, validation and use of computing equipment and software.
- Control the security of the regulated environment and all IT related systems.
- Responsible for negotiation and maintenance of all IT contracts.
- Provide expert guidance, support, and work in conjunction with Quality and Regulatory departments to ensure systems are validated and maintained under change control consistent with IT and other company policies, FDA, cGMP, and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Serves as host for all IT specific audits and actively participates during audits of any kind, companywide.
- Participate in Change Control Committee and manage tasks assigned to IT and Regulated Systems.
- In conjunction with the company leadership and IT Steering Committee, determine the prioritization of the allocation of the finite IT resources and budget.
- Plan and manage assigned budgets and reconcile/approve invoices related IT & Regulated Systems
- Responsible for end-user training, support, and satisfaction with IT and Systems related personnel and practices.
Required Education & Professional Experience
- Must have 10 plus years of IT Management, IT Staff Management, IT vendor management, and outsourced vendor management. Must have a total of 10 plus years in an IT related field/position.
- Pharma industry and business analytics experience across functions such as Development, Clinical Operations, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Sales Force, Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Must have a thorough understanding of current IT practices, hardware, software and their dependencies/interactions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years in the biotech/pharma industry proven experience and a successful track record in leading IT services and professionals
- A working knowledge of IT and Cyber Security standards, procedures, technologies, and architectures,
- Subject matter expertise in all Microsoft environments and supporting users of Office 365 in a distributed, highly-mobile business environment (Office 365 or any other Microsoft certifications is a plus)
- Experience in establishing and maintaining cloud-based environments supporting highly secure and available mission-critical applications such asAWS
- Strong communication and organization skills.