The Director, IT performance and improvement, ensures that lifecycles of IT services improvement and assets as well as the IT operations governance performed by vendors are aligned with SNCL business requirements and compliant with the applicable contractual agreements. He also acts as liaison with SNCL risk and compliance stakeholders. This position reports to the Vice-President, IT Service Delivery, Infrastructure Management and Strategic Partnership.
Continuous Improvement Management (65%)
- Ensures that continuous improvement practices are embedded in vendor’s service; uses service performance metrics (qualitative & quantitative) to measure improvement; supports definition of improvement initiatives and monitors implementation;
- Defines requirements, reviews, adapts and improves service performance reports and service metrics in collaboration with vendors;
- Governs the IT Operational improvement committee;
- Defines business stakeholders satisfaction surveys methodology and perform surveys administration;
- Collaborates in the analysis of ITSM exit survey results and support drafting of IT service improvements action plans by vendor.
Performance Monitoring & Asset Management (25%)
- Ensures service performance reports availability and access;
- Monitors and controls IT asset management processes performed by vendor;
- Supports IT operations governance committee agenda preparation, documents decisions and follow-up points;
- Supports Risk and Compliance auditing activities, provides access to requiredreports and data, define corrective/compliancy action plan and monitor implementation.
- Performs market watch for new trends in IT operations excellence;
- Participates on the IT Operational Committee (ITOC);
- Produces and analyzes key performance indicators on a weekly, monthly and annually basis.
People Management (10%)
Leads by example by focusing on people development and pursuing opportunities to increase relevant knowledge and skills:
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas;
- Develops and mentors the IT team to augment the talent and skills in the organization and to flex staff and skill sets when needed in high-demand periods;
- Fosters a coaching and mentoring culture within IT ensuring people leaders in the department are willing and available to support their staff;
- Focus on management succession planning, to make sure capable people are identified and are exchanging critical information to handle work effectively in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or equivalent);
- 10-12 yrs relevant experience, with at least 5 years in an outsourced IT model and 5 yrs in IT Operational Performance Mgt;
- 5 yrs experience in a managerial role;
- ITIL Certification.
- Pragmatic approach to transforming strategic priorities into tangible operational plans;
- Ability to understand business strategy and short-term perspectives of situations;
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure;
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills;
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision;
- High level of commitment and flexibility, poise, communication;
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts;
- Advanced program & process management, meeting facilitation, written/oral communication and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader.