The Infrastructure Director's role is to plan, organize, and manage operations to ensure the stability, availability and integrity of 8x8's IT infrastructure. This position is responsible for managing a global team delivering time critical support services for day to day IT operations in the areas of network, server, storage, data communications, telecommunications, and 24x7 global monitoring of production applications and systems.Working daily with the Network, Desktop/Service Desk, Security and Business Application Support units, both internal staff and third party contractors, that utilize and depend on the infrastructure services, this individual manages and leads a very technical and process focused support staff in a complex and global environment challenged by the daily support needs of the business as well as the ongoing maintenance and development support for new projects. This individual will champion and lead the implementation of key tools and processes for support of the global environments the support unit is accountable for managing. The position also requires creating both strategic and tactical plans relevant to department and company goals as well as managing to the budget requirements of the unit. The Infrastructure Director will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures. Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Mentor and guide your team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) required
- CCNA, CCNE, CCND or equivalent credentials required
- PM and/or ITIL Certification preferred
- At least 5 years' experience in a Technical IT Leadership role, including managing multiple teams and technical environments. Progressive experience with significant exposure to multiple Infrastructure technology platforms and demonstrated leadership ability on a global basis.
- Certified and recognized expert in multiple technologies (communications, data storage), processes, and/or methodologies.
- Experience should be in the Infrastructure area with a focus on Cloud Architecture (Including Client & Network), access management controls
- Previous technical and leadership experience in all of these areas are required. Strong team building skills, including managing international resources, leading via influence, and global project delivery.
- Significant knowledge of Directory and Identity Management solutions is required.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery (ITIL based), as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments (Incident management including methodical troubleshooting of hardware, network outages, and routing).
- Extensive knowledge of industry leading infrastructure monitoring, auditing and logging utilities and applications, including deployment, maintenance and reporting.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.