The Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for hiring, leading, and managing a team of engineers, administrators, and desktop support analysts to ensure the efficient operation of the company's network, end user devices, telephony, email, collaboration and desktop software, as well as cloud based infrastructure.
The leader in this role will also purchase and provision new systems, monitor and diagnose network and hardware issues while acting as a coach for the team. This person will collaborate with staff and decision makers in other departments, including the Director of Applications within IT, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Team and organizational development, including hiring, setting goals, tracking and managing performance
- Project management and execution
- IT infrastructure solution development and decision making
- Prioritize work to ensure responsiveness and delivery on commitments
- Developing and improving processes
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all members of the IT Infrastructure Team to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
- Match resources and skills with project and support work, manage stakeholder expectations, and deliver on time and on budget with adherence to established SLA's
- Initiate and seek approval for IT infrastructure projects, including developing a business case, scope, schedule, and budget for each
- Create a task level plan for each IT infrastructure project and use the plan to effectively manage resources and deliver the expected scope on time and within budget
- Develop and continuously improve standard operating procedures and monitoring activities to influence the delivery of high-quality services and technology solutions
- Maintain the enterprise infrastructure while coordinating with product development, the IT applications team, and working closely with business and IT leaders and vendors
- Maintain server (cloud or local) and desktop systems, firewalls, switches, routers, encryption systems, and all host security systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives
- Maintain the WAN and LANs at the company's offices in the US and abroad.
- Identify and classify issues and associated root causes and provide timely resolution to prevent recurring incidents. Reduce the number of operational problems
- Define, operate and monitor systems for information security management
- Protect enterprise information as required by the business. Establish and maintain information security roles and access privileges, and perform security monitoring to minimize business operations impact of information security vulnerabilities and incidents
- Organize team to provide support for application projects as well as existing application software
- Create and maintain level of service standards and operating policies/procedures for availability of the overall system as well as individual system components
- Prepare budget recommendations for operational support as well as projects
- Conduct performance reviews and hold employees accountable for optimal performance of their responsibilities
- Other job-related duties as assigned
You'll have managed a team of 5 or more IT infrastructure professionals before, balancing multiple high-impact projects while supporting existing systems. A thorough understanding of IT project management and operational task prioritization is a must.
- 10+ years' experience with information technology infrastructure, including but not limited to virtualization, cloud-based infrastructure (IaaS or PaaS), network management (WAN / LAN), server and desktop operating systems, data and voice communications.
- 4+ years' experience leading a team of information technology professionals
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing