The IT Director of Environment Services has proven their ability to manage a small team with specific responsibilities and is now able to expand their influence to a broader group and develop the tasks and initiatives which that group should complete. Environment Services is a region-agnostic engineering team that provides environment support for applications across Windows and Unix/Linux platforms. This area is responsible for the care and feeding of both commercial-off-the-shelf and in-house technologies to deliver product availability, lifecycle management, application system performance management and implementation.
Their primary responsibilities include managing teams and people managers to achieve expected deliverables across their function, performance managing their employees. This person leads the development short and long term strategies for their assigned department. This person will transform the strategies into prioritized initiatives for their teams and is able to respond to urgent issues in their specific function without losing focus on longer term deliverables. As a leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities and manage relationships with other IT departments, all while considering short-term and long-term implications of each decision. The Director may lead internal cross-department IT initiatives and may participate on cross-functional initiatives for Express Scripts. This person focuses much of their time on employee performance management of direct and indirect reports by building on the direct reports’ strengths and addresses their areas of improvement.
- Directs a team of managers and/or high-level staff in one or more sites. Works to develop employee skills, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Prioritizes requests and activities and develop schedules and work plans for projects/initiatives.
- Consults with business departments as needed.
- Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management.
- Acts as liaison between business management and IS to resolve issues and monitor results.
- Ensures quality and service standards are maintained for their function.
- Leads resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic business work plan goals.
- Tracks and periodically reports progress to leadership.
- Assists or leads with budget planning and management for their department.
- Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- 5 years experience with Master's Degree, 5+ years experience with
Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years of relevant experience including people management, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- Must have proven leadership skills, team-orientation, and a proactive and optimistic management style with the ability to lead high-talent teams in local and remote locations.
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices, advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage toward budget and work plan goals and experience with strategic work planning and budgeting
- Experienced in the implementation and support of commercial off the shelf products (list a few products here) in the Windows, Unix, Linux platforms.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
Job Id: REQ20009978