Lead and direct a significant portion of Petco’s IT Network operations organization. The duties include engineering and operation of the Petco Network, Data Centers, processing platforms, IT Service Management, and/or the IT leadership of major Petco acquisitions. The position must ensure that Network infrastructure systems are available, maintained and operational to meet or exceed business processing requirements. Responsible for strategy, tactical project execution, and daily infrastructure operations.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Be an active member of the leadership team, working to optimize the utilization of IT investments in the most efficient and effective manner. Oversee emerging technology strategy, development, and deployment. Evaluate, select, implement and maintain technology conforming to the IT Reference Architecture in support of business functions. Work cross-functionally to establish the strategic direction of information technology and its utilization to benefit the company.
- Ensure that PETCO’s network infrastructure platforms remain operational on a 24-hour basis; directs the teams as necessary that troubleshoots and resolves infrastructure/operations problems; and that systems have the necessary levels of redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities to meet business needs.
- Make decisions on infrastructure architecture and design that will maximize reliability, performance and scalability while taking advantage of new, cost-effective technologies as they become available. Ensure the integrity of Petco’s infrastructure as it relates to security and stability.
- Prepare and successfully manage department budgets and lead the assigned IT teams.
- Oversee specific infrastructure technology projects and ensure the infrastructure components are planned, implemented, and executed well for all projects. This includes managing teams of technical personnel through all phases of project development, roll-out and implementation. Interface with other departments and management through the project process and manage changes to project plans. Propose budgets and schedules, set timetables for information systems projects, allocate resources, monitor progress and troubleshoot solutions to project challenges.
- Plan and implement policies, procedures and systems to avoid service interruptions and continuously improve infrastructure operations and processes. Plan and oversee implementation of facilities and system modifications and upgrades.
- Establish and maintain multiple vendor partnerships to ensure they provide optimal service and long term benefits and support to PETCO’s strategic and operational business goals. Ensure outsource partners operate to the required levels, continuously improve, and deliver the required value and levels of support to Petco.Partner with Procurement on the investigation, evaluation, and acquisition of vendor products and services
- Ability and experience to manage complex, geo-distributed network infrastructure with technologies as SDWAN. Superiror understanding of PBR, IP SLA, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
Manage staff comprised of Information Systems associates and direct, as necessary, outsource partner activities. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources, discipline up to and including termination.
A Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience including 5 years at the manager Level. Must be skilled across multiple platforms and technologies including current knowledge on emerging technologies and their application. Excellent decision making, interpersonal and project management experience is required. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills are required to interact professionally and effectively with all internal and external contacts including senior and executive management. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence strategic information systems decisions, project management experience and a thorough understanding of all elements of a project lifecycle are necessary. Must have vendor management skills including contract experience and vendor performance management. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage cross functional teams.