As the Director of IT, it will be your responsibility to drive the success of Dotdash's information technology team. You will be responsible for managing current IT team members and helping them grow their career. This role reports directly to the VP of Operations and Cloud Services.
About Your Contributions:
- Lead a high-functioning team of engineers and adapt the team to adjust to Dotdash's high rate of growth.
- Engineer solutions that, rather than merely satisfy requirements, provide a delightful end-user experience for the Dotdash team.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to ensure all facets of Dotdash are well maintained.
- Innovate custom solutions and non-standard, forward-thinking infrastructure to lead the industry into the future.
- Establish both short term and long term strategic roadmaps to continually drive progress.
- Maintain vendor contracts, onboarding, and renewals, and oversee the general IT budget forecasting and reconciliation.
- Provide leadership and career mentorship to IT engineers with a wide range of backgrounds and skill levels.
- Evangelize Dotdash's desktop support solutions both across the company and to other companies via blogs, conferences, meetups, and industry events.
- Coordinate office moves, both locally and in other North American locations.
- Obsessed with tracking latest industry developments.
- You have big ideas and hope to work for a business that supports and encourages the many skunkworks projects you have dreamed up.
- Experience in effectively managing a medium-sized team.
- A proven track record of leading important projects from start to finish.
- Exceptional communication and collaborative abilities.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bonus: you are a tinkerer/maker/hacker that has fully automated many aspects of the environment that surrounds you.