The Director, IT Disaster Recovery assists in development of risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for central and distributed systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. The Director, IT Disaster Recovery requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across thefunction or segment.
The Director, IT Disaster Recovery develops and implements policies and procedures for business continuance and disaster recovery plans. Tests plans with various operational and support groups in IT. Involved in the evaluation and selection of vendors to ensure service level agreement meet business continuance and disaster recovery planning requirements. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supportingtechnical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Contingency Planning – Identify potential Business Interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the event of a business interruption. Provide documentation and training on Contingency Planning concepts and procedures.
- Disaster Recovery – Safeguard data processing operations by identifying potential problem areas and single points of failure that may result in interruptions to critical data processing operations. Develop and implement Disaster Recovery, Data Sensitivity, Library Management, Back-up and Recovery, and Disaster Recovery Plans and Procedures.
- Business Recovery – Develop safeguards and Business Recovery Plans and Procedures governing the remote Business Offices and Operations associated with the organization. Insure that Corporate Asset Protection procedures cover critical Business Resources located at Business Offices.
- Risk Management – Identify and Categorize outage exposures that could cause a business interruption, then obtain Insurance and Vendor agreements to safeguard against a disaster event. Responsible for insuring that Business and Regulatory Requirements are adhered to and that implemented recovery procedures and contracts are cost justifiable.
- Plans, coordinates and manages activities of the Infrastructure Disaster Recovery Team (DRT), which is responsible for oversight and governance of the company's infrastructure disaster recovery, and infrastructure support of business continuity and infrastructure support of crisis preparedness plans and programs.
- Leads infrastructure technology-wise contingency-planning activities, including designing the enterprise Disaster Recovery strategy, and all facets of planning, testing, exercising plans, implementation, documentation, and assuring our failovers are exercised.
- Proactively identify, reports and leads infrastructure technology resolution of high-impact risks, gaps and corrective action plans.
- Works to identify RTO (recovery time objectives) and RPO (recovery point objectives) for systems and criticality tiers for business functions. Ensures business RTO and RPO requirements are communicated and integrated with Business Continuity plans.
- Establish and maintain detailed DR communications, command and control plans through a change management process
- Responsible for the overall architecture for the DR capabilities and ensure all other technology assets, our applications and capabilities comply with the overall DR architecture.
- Leads infrastructure technology contingency-planning activities, including all facets of planning, exercising, implementation, and documentation.
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place and maintained, as part of the regular operational life cycle.
- Develop and understand all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Schedule and lead all DR exercises and Role Swaps.
- Ensures regular review by the Infrastructure DRT, and integration with the company's BCP and other emergency/crisis response plans. Follows through to address/resolve action plans and issues identified through Infrastructure DRT review.
- Ensures that the company is able to effectively respond to infrastructure technology emergencies and crisis situations via DRTs that have viable, tested response plans and processes.
- 10+ years’ experience in managing and leading multiple projects and team members.
- Forward thinking leader with Innovative mindset
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure operations and familiarity with disaster recovery operations, and current recovery solutions, high availability architectures and mainframe architectures
- Understanding of the principles of TCP-IP networking, DNS and Database management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to influence management to change existing practices.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems; action-oriented with ability to make decisions and function effectively in stressful situations.
- Provide consistent visibility and transparency to current DR capabilities and future plans and ensure DR planning is integral to how technology capabilities are developed and deployed within the company as well as within third party service providers.
- Coach and motivate staff on personal and career development opportunities
- 10+ years of experience in developing and implementing infrastructure technology disaster recovery plans, business continuity and crisis management/response programs to include 10+ years of risk evaluation and control, business impact analysis, business continuity and crisis management strategy development, emergency response and operations, design and administration of disaster exercises and drills, and development
- Master's degree or other certification (Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) or Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP)
Scheduled Weekly Hours