The Director, IT Digital Solutions is responsible for managing the delivery of the digital solutions for 99 Cents Only Stores. The digital solutions comprise Omni-Channel POS, Mobile App, Website, B2B and B2C transaction platforms.
The role will be responsible for the overall IT design of Retail Digital solutions and aligning customer/business requirements to systems/technical requirements using best practices, design patterns and existing assets using a cutting-edge technology stack. The successful candidate will embrace a partnership and collaborative culture, while focusing on improving outcomes and delivering market leading innovations.
You will also work collaboratively with IT and Marketing & Store leadership team to define our future digital technology roadmap and build strategic relationships with key IT & Business leaders to ensure success. We are looking for someone with extensive experience with all facets of software development lifecycle, implementation, and support, in a multi-channel environment.
The candidate needs to be highly analytical with significant technical and project management experience especially with hands-on experience in digital and eCommerce solutions. The candidate must be a self-starter, flexible problem solver, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly and connecting the dots between disparate technologies. These skills are required to work across multiple functions and matrixed IT organization. Success will depend on the candidates' ability to quickly cultivate relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and timely delivery of solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and benchmark new application frameworks, platforms and technologies to make high impact, long-term decisions around design, development and deployment of software applications supporting Omni-Channel capabilities
- Be a bridge between IT & marketing and other business teams and create a roadmap for building OMNI Channel systems and connect all retail systems with other supply chain platforms
- Provide technology & architecture leadership across the customer experience and eCommerce platforms
- Architect the future state and the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables.
- Manage the delivery of the B2B and B2C eCommerce transaction platforms
- Work with the development team comprising engineers & architects to deliver architecture & design for all OMNI Channel programs
- Create frameworks & solutions to promote re-usability, to avoid redundancy & duplication
- Research and introduce new technologies to support technology transformation by partnering with IT infrastructure and security teams
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and business and product teams within information technology, store operations, business units, marketing and across external partners
- Define the software development standards and best practices for robust, secure, scalable, high performance and supportable applications
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation; Lead change initiatives throughout the organization
- Maintain a complete set of architectural artifacts that accurately reflect the systems, all interactions and data flows, and the underlying infrastructure, as well as the business capabilities and user roles, supported or impacted by the solution and its implementation
- Experience in building, developing, and managing highly effective IT solutions and development teams
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- BS (Engineering, Computer Science, Economics etc.), MS or MBA preferred
- 12+ yrs experience in building consumer facing applications for marketing, sales & eCommerce areas
- Experience in developing the architecture of large-scale web/mobile & retail POS/store systems & applications
- Experience with leading Omni Channel POS technology development preferred
- Background in mobile app development in a retail and wholesale environment
- Technical understanding of marketing systems, eCommerce B2C & B2B, and supply chain systems
- Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and user experience.
- Experience in cloud migration and developing platform solutions to support microservices based applications.
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure. SAP Hybris, Magento, HighJump WMS, TMS, SalesForce Service, Marketing and Commerce Clouds, and SAP S4/Hana is desired
- A strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable
- Knowledge of API Management frameworks and building scalable and high-performance APIs and workflows
- Strong leadership, communication, consulting and influencing skills
- Strong systems thinking capability
- Critical thinking skills
- Highly self-motivated and outcome oriented