We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
The Director, IT Cloud Infrastructure and Applications will be responsible for building and managing Ciena's IT Cloud Infrastructure and Collaboration Applications for Ciena employees. This person will provide leadership and strategy for the IT Cloud Infrastructure & Collaboration Applications organization.
This role will be responsible to lead and deliver the global IT Infrastructure capability required for transformation to Cloud and for the support of the Business Units, with agile focus on user-experience, resilience, performance, availability and total cost of ownership. This position will also be responsible to drive the Collaboration strategy for the company. This includes driving the execution of Collaboration technologies, evaluating current solutions and building a high performing team to manage the collaboration solutions.
What will you do at Ciena?
- This leadership position will be responsible for leading the IT Cloud Strategy and Collaboration Application solution for Ciena Employees. In addition, the role requires the following:
- Define IT Cloud and Collaboration Applications strategies.
- Define the process and polices to govern and introduce different types of Cloud solutions (Private cloud, Hybrid cloud, Public cloud consumption). The IT Cloud Strategy will focus on Foundational IaaS capabilities with a holistic approach to cloud adoption including security, privacy, ease of use and cost.
- Lead & Deliver operational excellence with focus on the service management and DevOps approach to achieve agility, speed, scale and efficiency.
- Partner with R&D team to define a common design and governance policy for all private clouds within the company
- Drive overall company Collaboration Strategy to execution
- Partner with Business leaders to understand different collaboration needs and define a strategy to execute against them.
- Lead Service Management implementation for Cloud and Collaboration applications, partnering with business units to improve service experience, MTTR, Up-time and resilience, experimentation and application delivery.
- Build a high performing team that will manage and execute against the IT Cloud Strategy with appropriate stacks for Internal, Hybrid and External Clouds.
- Build a high performing team that will manage and execute against the IT Collaboration Strategy.
- Become a change agent across IT and Business in influencing culture, technology direction, collaborative execution and agility.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible IT Infrastructure Management experience
- Successful candidate will have experience managing and implementing Cloud architectures in a DevOps/Agile methodology
- Experienced with running large complex global infrastructure spanning across multiple data center leveraging private & public cloud.
- Experience in managing and implementing different Collaboration technologies (experience in O365 platform is a must)
- Experience with different Cloud Stacks, Virtualization and Application Deployment infrastructure including but not limited to AWS, Azure/Azure Stack, OpenStack, VMWare, Docker
- 10+ years of hands-on experience managing or overseeing the management of mid to large-scale information technology projects, including complex cross-functional and cross-organizational projects
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major functional areas of IT
- Track record of attracting and developing and maintaining a strong and diverse leadership team and IT organization
- Track record of leading and influencing change in behaviors and cultures in an IT organization and across Business Teams
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget
- Experience leading a complex technology staff and external resource management and planning
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans
- Experience recommending new technology and processes that will improve customer service, reduce costs and/or provide a competitive advantage
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading networktechnology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion.
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
San Jose, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Tracking Code R006277