Job Summary (General Purpose of the Job)
The Director, IT Business Partner, US Operations leads all aspects of assigned business area technology including strategy development, solution identification & implementation, ongoing operational support, risk management, and relationship management. The ITBP serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT at the executive level, and brokers all business technology needs on behalf of the business area with the various leaders in the IT organization to design, implement, and continuously improve the business area's technology. The position will be "embedded" in the client organization to understand and represent their technology needs, based upon the business strategy and budget. The ITBP proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and promotes opportunities to build competitive advantage by improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business units through IT services and capabilities.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key Duties and Responsibilities)
- Plan and direct the design, development, maintenance and support of systems implementations, upgrades, and ongoing technology operations within the assigned business area.
- Coordinate activities with the other IT teams as needed to provide seamless service to assigned business area. Act as the key liaison across all functional areas including business units, IT, and outside vendors.
- Work with business leadership in the efficient and cost-effective delivery of strategic systems solutions.
- Establish governance measures to ensure secure and consistent systems implementation and operations.
- Manage assigned resources appropriately so that project timelines and defined support objectives are met.
- Perform technical/business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Possess broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources.
- Create consensus with other functions as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and maximize the positive impact on the organization.
- Identify, screen, and evaluate new solution opportunities to address unmet internal and external customer needs.
- Define, measure, and report appropriate metrics related to operational support of assigned business areas.
- Partner with key staff members to create strategic business plans.
- Collaborate with other business and IT teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
- Manage direct report IT team (if applicable), including identification and development of staff.
- Participate in strategic and budgetary planning processes.
- Provide recommendations on desired policies and goals; implement new/reviewed programs according to established guidelines.
- Participate in field research in pursuit of new solutions and to evaluate the applicability of and effectiveness of current solutions.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience.
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business / industry work experience.
- Must be an IT subject matter expert in the assigned business area.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or relevant life sciences environments.
- Strong understanding of assigned business unit to include their business drivers for success, processes, and approaches to business models.
- Ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
- History of operational execution excellence, including management of relevant teams.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to a variety of business and technical audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.