The Senior IT Business Partner is a key role within Information Technology at Ferrara Candy Company. Ferrara’s success and strategic growth initiatives drive our aggressive IT agenda. The Senior IT Business Partner acts as a specialist within several business process areas. As such, the role works closely with our business stakeholders to translate requirements into solutions that consistently add value to our business.
The Senior IT Business Partner will work directly with Business leaders, IT Leaders and external Service Providers actively facilitating the delivery of solutions. A keen understanding of the goals and objectives of the Business functions is required.
The Senior Business Partner ensures that the support mechanisms are in place for system users and that we have the ability to extend, integrate and optimize the platform.
The assigned business areas Integrated Business Planning, Demand Planning, Supply Chain Planning, Product Deployment, Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), Sales & Operations Execution (S&OE), Supply chain modeling, inventory optimization, demand sensing, and Connected Supply Chain. Representative technologies including AI-driven Supply Chain Management (SCM), SAP ECC, SAP-APO, SAP-IBP, Logility, JDA.
Ways You Will Make a Difference:
- Work directly with leaders and managers within Supply Chain Integrated Business Planning to develop the business technology strategy that matches Ferrara’s business objectives and growth strategies.
- Build a partnership and relationship that adds value to the business through proactive management of enabling technologies.
- Assess risk in business areas not adequately supported by technology.
- Facilitate the prioritization of projects, programs and enhancements.
- Develop recommendations, solution concepts and business cases for new investments.
Project Leadership & Solution Design and Delivery
- Provide visibility of IT projects and activities that impact the Supply Chain Integrated Business Planning team and their adjacent business functions. Clearly communicate risks, issues and action plans.
- Manage all aspects of the project portfolio within the assigned business area.
- Effectively communicate the results and status of projects during various stages of their life cycle.
- In certain cases, it will be necessary to directly manage and lead projects of medium complexity.
- Ensure that the teams are in place (both internal and external) to deliver technology-based solutions.
- Provide consultation during all phases of the development of solutions.
- Work closely with internal IT resources and external service providers to deliver solutions on time and on budget.
- Manage issues and escalate as necessary when projects within the portfolio are at risk in terms of Scope, Timelines and Budgets.
External Partner Management
- Ensure that our strategic partners operate as an extension of the Ferrara team and are acting in the best interests of Ferrara.
- Proactively manage and escalate as necessary situations where our external partners are not meeting our needs and delivering on their commitments.
- Seek thought leadership from our external partners.
- Understand the application architecture and essential elements of how application design and configuration meet the needs of the business.
- Understand when and how patches and upgrades should be applied to systems and the impact that those upgrades have on the business as it applies to new functionality and the potential disruption of services.
- Meet our Service Level Agreements when it comes to beak/fixes and system bugs. Apply ITIL methods to managing incidents.
- Utilize our existing technology investments before investing in other solutions that could be redundant.
- Understand the full implications of application security and compliance ensuring that our People, Processes and Technologies are compliant and meet all relevant audit requirements.
- Meet established System performance metrics.
Experiences That Will Support Your Success
- 5 or more years of experience in delivering projects to the business within Supply Chain with a focus on Integrated Business Planning.
- 3 or more years of experience configuring and supporting applications such as SAP ECC, SAP APO, SAP-IBP, Logility, JDA, and other integrated business planning / connected supply chain systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or 3 to 5 years of IT and business/industry work experience.
- Experience in M & A and Divestiture activities is a plus.
- Prior success managing external IT service providers to deliver solutions.
- Relevant certifications matched to business subject matter.
- Proven experience and knowledge of integrated technical ecosystems such as SAP ECC, SAP-APO, SAP-IBP, Logility, and JDA.