This position is responsible for overseeing all department IT audit projects including IT ICFR (SOX-404) work and specific shore-side and/or shipboard IT Audit projects. This position will also oversee Advisory projects performed by the department that can range from pre and post implementation reviews to process improvement and policy development and other ad-hoc projects performed at Management or the Audit Committee's requests. This position will also oversee the Company's Enterprise Risk management Process including the Annual Enterprise Risk Assessment, weekly Risk Driver Updates and periodic Risk Management Reviews as well as all associates Management, Audit Committee and Board presentations and communication.
This position will oversee multiple teams working on varied projects and have considerable interaction with all management levels, including Officers, from financial and operational departments across the organization. This position will also be responsible for the preparation of materials to be used for presentation to Executives, the Audit Committee of the Board.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will be responsible for planning, coordination, execution and reporting around the following core components of our Audit and Advisory program agenda:
- Sarbanes Oxley IT Audit Scoping, Testing an Reporting of Results – IT Audit procedures around RCL's annual certification of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting
- Other IT Audit projects – Shoreside and / or Shipboard – Oversee specific Audit Projects related to IT General and/or Application controls, system access and security, development and/or change processes and other diverse IT audit projects based on the annual audit plan.
- Advisory Projects – Varied management support projects including, but not limited to, pre-implementation reviews, process design, targeted risk assessments, policy / procedure development and evaluation, project participation, other specific analytical and/or validation projects.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) – ERM activities will include, but not be limited to: (1) an annual Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment and Mid-year update, (2) Weekly Risk driver updates including updates to the ERM NOW App, (3) Targeted Risk Assessment (e.g. annual Fraud Risk Assessment) and (4) specific Risk Management Reviews in areas where significant risk profile shifts have occurred.
- Directly manage/supervise up to 10+ Audit and IT Audit professionals and ensure the department's goals and objectives are carried out in a productive and positive environment.
- Train and develop employees, plan, assign and direct work, complete performance appraisals, reward and discipline employees, and resolve personal issues.
- Work with the Audit Management team to develop the Annual Audit and Advisory Services plan and schedule Audit and Advisory resources accordingly throughout the year.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Limited travel expected however, must be able to travel up to 20% of the time and will include occasional travel to Europe and Asia.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University in Accounting (MBA or advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum of 12 years of overall relevant experience including relevant IT internal controls audit and testing, operations risk management, internal audit, and /or public accounting experience (Big 4 public accounting firm preferred).
- 6+ years in a management role with staff supervision responsibility
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley technical literature (PCAOB, SEC Guidance, etc.), internal control concepts and techniques, including COSO/COBIT. IFRS awareness a plus.
- Strong Business Acumen. Experience with global/international operations/organization a plus.
- Professional certifications (CIA, RMA, CISA) desirable.
- Cruise and/or Travel Industry Experience desirable.
- Progression and demonstrated managerial / leadership skills.
- Proven track record managing large complex projects within diverse teams within established deadlines.
- Able to interact effectively with various levels of management, including executives and handle multiple priorities/tasks.
- Strong technical, analytic, problem solving and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must possess knowledge of IT internal auditing standards & requirements (e.g. IIA, ISACA) and industry accepted IT Governance standards (i.e. COBIT)
- Strong Process and Financial / Accounting knowledge and strong attention to detail, yet able to maintain a big-picture point of view.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop people and drive effective teams.