The Director- IT Architecture, has responsibility for the Architecture group within the PPL EU IT organization. They will manage a team of Technology Leads who will provide Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, and Integration Architecture services for cross-functional project teams. This is a Senior Leadership position reporting to the CIO.
- Oversee effort to identify and analyze enterprise business drivers and IT industry trends to derive enterprise solution architecture requirements
- Oversee efforts to develop overall architecture approach for all layers of a solution
- Direct work among the business users, architects, and cross-functional IT team members to develop the overall product level architecture
- Oversee the management and maintenance of architectural assets including principles, standards, policies, reference architectures, models, blueprints, roadmaps, frameworks, patterns and services
- Align vision, direction, and specific objectives for team efforts to our digital, technology-focused, and Agile goals / way of working
- Manage, coach, and mentor team members. Set performance targets and evaluate/enforce service delivery against targets
- Interview and hire qualified team members, striving to improve organization's bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required
General Management & Decision Making:
- Be on the lookout for new opportunities to leverage technology for continuous improvement and outsourced services for greater efficiency
- Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management
- Develop and execute objectives, plans and policies for area of responsibility in line with Enterprise and IT Organization level strategy
- Coordinates resourcing and impact of multiple projects simultaneously within area of responsibility.
- Assure that project estimates for resources and costs are reliable
- Contribute to the development of budgets for area of responsibility and assist in the preparation of operational plans for the
- IT department.
- Oversee area of responsibility to adhere to approved budgets. Communication:
- Conduct communications that involve obtaining cooperation on issues that may be complex or controversial
- Utilize negotiation and persuasion to come to agreement with others
- In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
- Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
- May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related degree.
- Five or more years of related experience in information technology and business management.
- Five or more years of direct supervisory experience.
- Skills and knowledge in Architecture and business management
- Excitement, curiosity, and passion for shaping the future through digital technology
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Ability to manage team members work as they operate cross functionally
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in the use of project management methodology
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management Essentials
- Utilities industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapid technological and business change while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.