This is a dynamic opportunity for a director-level professional looking to manage and drive fresh, innovative IT initiatives across ahealthcare organization. Candidates need provenexperience with applications, strategic planning and building high performance teams. Work with a small group of Project Managers and C-Suite executives. If you feel you meet these requirements and those listed below, please submit your applicationfor immediate consideration.
The Director of IT Enterprise Applications will lead and oversee the IT Enterprise Applications and Business Partner teams. Responsible for coordinating application evaluation and selection, IT project management and system implementations, systems analysis, software application development, web portal, system architecture, interface planning and management, and escalation support for end-user application support. Ensures yearly IT Enterprise Applications roadmap and strategy aligns with the larger organizational strategic deployment and execution processes.
The Director will act proactively to ensure that MPHC staffing and methodologies are adequate to meet the organizations tactical and strategic objectives. The Director will promote a high level of IT staff customer service and support, development of relevant standards, and the appropriate deployment of technology in an on-going effort to maximize the return on MPHC’s investment in people and technology.
Coordinate projects and assignments with the IT and MPHC Management Teams. Develop policies and procedures to ensure that IT meets MPHC management procedures. Audit process performance and report metrics.
IT Applications - Work with IT staff and Management to develop and maintain standard methodologies for evaluating and selecting systems, managing projects, supporting applications, and developing software. This is accomplished by:
- Working with IT and MPHC Management/Staff and vendors of software/hardware/services to ensure that the appropriate approach, selection criteria, and contractual terms are applied.
- Working with IT and MPHC management/staff to effectively implement, integrate, and maintain the software/hardware/services with the MPHC systems and architecture.
- Ensuring that IT staff is effectively, and in a timely manner, providing MPHC personnel support and training.
- Work with MPHC Management Team to proactively identify technology solutions that directly contribute to achieving corporation business strategies in a cost effective and timely manner. Responsible for conceptualizing and managing technology solution projects by completing and meeting specifications, timelines and commitments.
- Lead a team of high performing business facing program managers across multiple lines of business who have direct reports of their own. Develop a tight partnership with the lines of business and collaborate with Senior Leadership on key IT initiatives.
Leadership and Management
- Continuously seeking and assessing technologies to address existing and future MPHC enterprise needs.
- Effectively communicating applicable technology solutions to IT staff and MPHC management/staff.
- Advocates and empowers individuals and teams in continuing the departments LEAN processes improvement journey
- Managing and coaching staff and managers to perform effectively, as a team, to support MPHC with an intense focus on customer service/support and proactive problem solving.
- Managing the IT Applications team resources and staff activities to meet the objectives and clearly measurable performance standards set forth in the service level agreement between IT and customers.
- Developing and managing within an operating and capital budget.
- Ensuring that MPHC is maximizing its return on technologyinvestments.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in MIS, CIS or CS, or combination of relevant education and experience (MBA or other Master’s Degreepreferred).
- 8+ years of applicable management and leadership experience in an information technology department.
- Background in the Healthcare and/or Health Plan/Payor industry is highly desired.
- Outstanding presentation, articulation, and relationship building skills are critical.
Legal License(s)/Certification(s) required:
Managers and Individual Contributor level direct reports
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Must have an in-depth, current knowledge of information technology, IT trends and strategies.
- Must have strong technical management and leadership skills
- Must have strong project management skills and preferred leading an IT PMO team/office
- Demonstrated experience with Windows applications, client-server, and health care applications
- Must have demonstrated experience managing application development projects
- Must have a clearly demonstrated, successful track record with management of technical teams that have delivered on time and on specification technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to rapidly assess situations, develop alternatives and make sound decisions, based on the evidence at hand.
- Must communicate clearly and present accurate and factual information to all levels of MPHC personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable about best practices in healthcare IT and understand company objectives.
- Must be an effective team leader and builder.
- Ability to design work processes around customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to establish and maintain accountability.