The Director IS Infrastructure is responsible for all aspects of the data center-based IT infrastructure and database administration supporting UHC and OptumCare Nevada information systems.
Please note: This position is based at our office in Las Vegas, NV. This is not a telecommute position.
- Responsible for two physically separate data centers in the Las Vegas Valley with a combined 11,200 square feet of raised floor space supporting 1500+ active servers running multiple operating systems and 100+ business applications utilizing 4+ Petabytes of data storage to support 4300+ employees generating $5+ Billion in annual revenue.
- Leading a highly efficient team of 15-20 FTEs including managers, architects, system administrators, database administrators, security analysts, and voice/data network consultants to architect, design, price, order, install, configure, and maintain $15 million of sophisticated, data center-based IT equipment, software and databases.
- Responsible for compliance with multiple IT policies and procedures including enterprise security policies, change management policies, back-up and recovery policies, Disaster Recovery Planning and IS Business Continuity Planning.
- Responsible for IT infrastructure software and utilities supporting all Nevada Market personnel such as E-Mail, Home Shares, Public Folders, RightFax, Genesys Call Center Manager and infrastructuresecurity tools.
- Responsible for managing vendors, suppliers and Enterprise colleagues who source equipment, software and maintenance services that are critical to the ongoing IT infrastructure operations in the Nevada Market.
- Responsible for the long-range (5 year) strategic planning for IT infrastructurearchitecture, technology evolution, product lifecycle management and IT capacity to support ongoing business growth for both UHC and OptumCare Nevada business and clinical operations.
- Report to the Nevada Market CIO and participate as a member of the IS senior management team. Collaborate extensively with IS Application Owners and other functional leaders within IS to plan future enhancements and meet daily production service level agreements for system stability and performance.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key business stakeholders to enhance the IS reputation for value, quality and customer service
- Contribute to the improvement of Vital Signs scores within the IS Department
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility for diverse IT infrastructure, including various OS platforms and Databases (including Windows, Unix and Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase)
- 5+ years of management experience involving highly technical IT and Database resources
- 5+ years of vendor management experience
- Demonstrated analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex problems in complex organizations
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and financial management skills
- Data center, operating systems or database certifications
- Healthcare experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)