This role is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the functional Process Area including the in-house shared service staff and the outsourced team (Shared Service Team or SSC). As a key member of the Saint-Gobain North America (SGNA) Shared Service organization, this position is the focal point between the vendor performing business process outsourcing (Provider) and the internal customers of shared services. The SGNA Shared Service organization serves as the back-office function for more than 160 sites throughout North America. This position can be based in Malvern, Worcester, or Solon.
The incumbent will provide leadership, direction, and delivery of accounts payable services for all SGNA customers, including aligning practices consistently across SGNA for the Accounts Payable Process Area or Invoice-to-pay cycle (I2P) cycle. This role shall execute the strategy for I2P and standardize from a people, process, and technology perspective, optimizing I2P processes and work closely with upstream process owners by shaping the internal organization and outsourced relationships to deliver against the Company objectives. The essential duties of this role are as follows:
This position will provide leadership and direction to the process area ensuring that services are delivered as expected with a high degree of quality and on time to meet the requirements of the customers. This position plays a key role in developing and implementing the strategy and objectives for the Process Area along with implementing a strong service culture while fostering a team environment.
The incumbent will manage performance of Shared Services by working closely with the Provider, the Process Area team and the SGNA Performance Management team to define performance criteria for the Process Area, review actual performance, and enforce an appropriate governance framework to ensure high quality services and that contractual commitments are met by all parties.
This role will lead the continuous improvement transformation journey for the Process Area including major process transformation and continuous improvement programs as part of the overall transformation journey. Work closely with the Provider Transformation Manager, the Provider Business Excellence team and the SGNA Performance Management team to ensure access to the best practices in the industry and the evolution of new solutions leading to intelligent automation and use of advanced analytics and reporting while assessing the best fit and approach for SGNA.
Leadership and Direction to Process Area:
- Provide leadership and direction for the Process Area including engaging in a collaborative partnership with the Provider and other SGNA Process Leads.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of services of the Process Area for all SGNA customers. Play key role in developing and implementing the strategy and objectives for the Process Area along with implementing a strong service culture.
- Coach outsourced team members, managing across company, geography, time zone, and culture. Providing virtual leadership and communicate virtually.
- Organize and lead an in-house shared service team to ensure support services are in place to enable the Provider to be successful in accordance with the SOW.
Manage Performance Process Area:
- Responsible for the overall performance for the Process Area, ensuring services are delivered as expected with high levels of customer service to meet our customer’s needs, as set forth in the Statements of Work (SOW) and related agreements.
- Manage Provider to ensure adherence to critical service levels. Work with Provider to address gaps with root cause analysis and associated actions plans.
- Provide leadership to resolve escalated service delivery issues and disputes.
- Ensures the services performed are compliant with the relevant accounting standards and the Company’s internal control requirements.
- Coordinate actions for Process Area including monthly and/or periodic meetings with the customers to review service performance and forward planning events.
- Work closely with the SGNA Performance Management team.
Lead Continuous Improvement Transformation of Process Area:
- Drive continuous improvement through process change and standardization.
- Establish an Operational Excellence Framework to facilitate step change improvements through application of lean methods and related tools. Ensure operational excellence is embedded throughout the operations with a measurable, repeatable, and predictable methodology.
- Coordinate cross-business standardization and cross-functional collaboration. Promote best practices and benchmarks to improve service levels.
- Review and approve Process Area project plans and deliverables for transformation and continuous improvement programs.
Business Compliance, Internal Controls and Special Projects:
- Ensure internal controls are in place to mitigate risks as specified in the Internal Control Framework Reference and perform an annual self-assessment.
- Ensure that all processes are documented, key controls are identified and processes are reviewed periodically.
- Primary contact point with internal and external audits for Process Area. Support the customer, Tax Dept., Indirect Tax and other functional SGNA teams as necessary.
- Provide representation on customer projects that impact the Process Area including system implementations, upgrades, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
Process Area Specifics- Invoice to Pay (I2P)
- Provide I2P leadership and direction of accounts payable services for all SGNA customers, aligning business practices consistently across all sub-pprocesses including vendor master management, invoice data capture, supplier invoice processing, cash disbursements, supplier inquiries, and month-end closing.
- Drive long-term planning, strategic vision, technology decisions and transformational roadmap. Execute the strategy for I2P and standardization from a people, process, and technology perspective. Shape internal organization and outsourced relationships.
- Scope covers nearly 60+ legal entities, with $7 billion annually of sales and $8+ billion of assets, working closely with 40+ CFO’s, Finance Directors and Purchasing Directors.
- Work with leadership team on the I2P service delivery model, manage relationship with Provider, facilitate implementation of Provider governance, risk management, compliance, internal control and quality strategies.
- Interact directly with Vendor Performance Management and other tower Process Owners to resolve service issues and meet business needs, etc.
- Lead and manage the development and optimization of I2P processes. Develop and manage I2P guidelines, policies and procedures, monitor compliance. Conduct training sessions on company processes, systems, and tools. Establish, socialize, and manage approval limits
- Work closely with upstream process owners in the requisition-to-order (R2O) process to better align the end-to-end procure-to-pay (P2P) process. Identify and implement quality improvements, and work towards standardizing P2P processes across North American to improve the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitate the implementation and sharing of leading practices across I2P resource teams. Implement transformational digital tools.
- Execute ongoing assessments of internal control risks and key controls across the organization. Identify and implement remediation of control gaps, formulate risk mitigation strategies. Investigate audit findings; implement corrective action and monitor compliance with agreed-upon recommendations.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans are in place and tested annually or as needed.
- Ensure compliance with government statutory reporting and requests.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 12 to 15+ years of professional experience, preferably with experience in finance and/or accounting leadership position.
- Progressive career progression into senior and complex roles. Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization. Experience working within a Shared Services Organization is a plus.
- Broad and deep knowledge and background in process improvement, business operations, outsourcing, program management, change management, and/or ERP implementation.
- Proven results with structured problem solving and continuous improvement. Process Excellence/Six Sigma experience is highly valued.
- Proven experience at successfully developing & strengthening internal controls. Advanced knowledge and experience with large integrated ERP’s is required. SAP and/or QAD experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrate strong ability to oversee and guide multiple initiatives within SSC functional area.
- Ability to make critical decisions while operating with considerable autonomy. Proactively anticipate future events and respond independently to difficult situations. Responsive to opportunities and problems, acts in a pertinent and decisive way and takes calculated risk.
- Bilingual language skills are a plus