The Director, Investor Relations will be reporting to the Vice President, Investor Relations, and will be working with the IR team in developing the company’s investor relations strategy.
The Director will be charged with further supporting the development and execution of the investor relations program, based on: the IR strategy, operating plans, messaging, and budget. The primary operating objective of program is centred on relationship-building, awareness-building, and information dissemination with current and prospective investors. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the external relationships within the investment community.
This is a role for an experienced professional that brings not only functional capabilities in a large cap environment, but also demonstrated business acumen and strong facilitation and relationship skills. This role will demand demonstrated success interacting with senior management with an advanced ability to collect, analyse, interpret and communicate financial and operational data.
- Develop and implement strategic IR plans directed at helping the Company to achieve maximum long-term value. Collaborates with the IR team in executing the investor relations program, including strategy, operating plan, budget.
- Interact with the investment community on behalf of the Company, when required. Support Company executives in building long-term rapport with investors and analysts and keeps shareholders knowledgeable about the company. Rapidly responds to investor inquiries.
- Provide on-going support to the Company’s executive leadership regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, competitive intelligence, analysts’ positions, and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis.
- Develop key IR materials (investor presentations and conference call scripts) in collaboration with senior leadership and cross-functional colleagues including senior leadership of the Company, in preparation of analyst events, presentations, earnings releases and other public disclosures.
- Organize, prepare for and execute investor days, investor conferences and meetings both domestically and internationally.
- Provide review and commentary on regulatory documents.
- 8-10 years relevant work experience in investor relations, corporate strategy, equity research, consulting, finance or corporate communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment and discretion.
- Capable of demonstrating initiative and independence in carrying out multiple tasks, as well as strong critical thinking and problem solving skill.
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills.
- Politically savvy; exercises discretion and diplomacy. Adept influencer and strategic advisor and interpersonal skills; experience with written recommendations, and collaboration skills.
- The successful candidate will have an understanding of investment financial models, equity markets, corporate financials and a regulatory market.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in crafting and conveying company strategy and messaging. This individual will also have an excellent portfolio of investor contacts including multiple cross border analyst relationships and will have relevant experience in developing high quality communication materials for capital market audiences.
The successful candidate will be highly accountable with a strong results orientation, and will bring a track record of superior, rapid delivery, able to point to multiple examples of having delivered not only innovative solutions, but also pragmatic and timely ones. He/she will have a track record of driving improved levels of efficiency and effectiveness through process redesign, team leadership and superlative relationship management. Importantly, he/she will have a mindset of operational excellence, combined with the superior project management capabilities needed to balance multiple priorities at one time.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to provide employment references and successfully complete a background check which includes credit and criminal check.
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON Travel Requirements: Up to 10% Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Investor Relations Requisition ID: 110327