As we build out our world class investor relations function, we continue to add scope and influence across all of our stakeholders and within Petco, to help build and define these additional capabilities and expand spheres of influence across our executive team we’re adding a Director of Investor Relations role. This role will be critical in supporting the tremendous growth and financial success of Petco, working across our external stakeholders and Petco’s Finance team, business leaders, and executive, including our Investor Relations Officer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
What you will get to do:
- Develop messages, presentations, disclosures on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and other information for the investor community. Stay informed on macroeconomic information that impacts corporate strategy and investor messages and information.
- Develop and recommends investor relations communications strategies by studying sell-side analyst reports and consensus information, feedback from buy-side investors, company financial and operational information, information from peer company earnings press releases, filings, and analyses and other information sources.
- Develop analyses on company’s expected performance, identify trends and make recommendations based on perspectives from external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal legal and sustainability teams to develop and maintain messages, and influence the sustainability strategy based on investor priorities.
- Create strategy and plans; and conduct and coordinate outreach to a variety of stakeholders (e.g., buy-side equity analysts, sell-side coverage analysts, debt investors, rating agencies, proxy advisory firms, etc.).
- Be responsible for managing investor relations team budget and relationships with investor relations advisors, partners on investor outreach, and other vendors to plan and facilitate annual stockholder meeting.
- Establish relationships and drive engagement with investment community (e.g., sell-side analysts, buy-side investors, debt investors, ratings agencies, proxy advisory firms, other influencers of investment decisions, etc.).
- Maximize ratings given the company profile and financial condition through presentation of key financial and operational trends and strategies to rating agencies.
- Provide supervision to assigned staff: including activities such as hiring, counseling, guiding, training and professional development
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance and/or communications or related field, 8 years of related experience, 4 years of investor relations or related investor community experience or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with investment community (e.g., sell-side analysts, buy-side investors, debt investors, ratings agencies, proxy advisory firms, other influencers of investment decisions, etc.) and present company financial and operational information.