Insmed is a growing global biopharmaceutical company powered by our purpose to deliver life-altering therapies to small patient populations experiencing big health problems. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and a patients-first mentality guides everything we do. Today, we are building a world-class team of talented individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency.
Come join us if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and be recognized for your efforts while working alongside team members who share your passion for serving patients and their families.
About the Role:
As a Director working in Investor Relations, you will be an interface between Insmed’s internal executive leadership and the investment community, working regularly with senior management. In this role, you will contribute to Insmed’s mission by communicating our investor relations message in a consistent and strategic manner while monitoring and presenting the view of the investment community with the executive team, and to internal stakeholders.
This role is responsible for collaborating with the team in developing & executing the global investor relations program with a focus on science. This will include helping develop corporate messages, presentations and analyses in support of quarterly earnings, investor conferences, roadshows, and other investor events. This individual is expected to serve as liaison for day-to-day inquiries from investors and sell-side analysts. To perform these activities, this individual will need to collaborate across multiple functional areas in the company across different time zones.
NOTE: To be considered candidates must have a minimum of 8-12+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / life sciences is REQUIRED
Banking or agency experience supporting life sciences/pharma as clients will be considered
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Further develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure the maximum sustainable fair valuation of the company and understanding of the company story with both the sell-side and buy-side.
- Ensures the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders.
- Manage investor relationships and work closely with analysts to assist them with understanding those objectives while maintaining close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Communicate Insmed’s story on a transparent and consistent basis and in compliance with corporate policies, and securities regulations.
- Plan and ensure execution of key investor events and communications, including road shows, investor days, as well as developing investor-facing communications.
- Collaborate on the press release process.
- Help develop overall IR strategy and workplan.
- Research and monitor competitor, regulatory, and broader external environment to understand potential impact.
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors and analysts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 8-12+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or financial industry or closely related industry experience.
- Pharmaceutical / life sciences experience is required.; however, banking or agency experience supporting life sciences/pharma as clients will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to skillfully and tactfully deal with the press, investors, shareholder community as well as all levels of management
- Must be an excellent communicator, including messaging strategy and execution, business presentations, Q&A and business writing and presentations. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Experience in managing relationship with external agency
- Must have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Must be able to build relationships and trust both internally and externally.
- Ability to set and drive strategies while also tactically implementing them
- Ability to interpret various financial information in order to prepare external communications and discuss Insmed’s finances strategically
- Ability to understand various therapies and the disease states, as well as emergent sciences developed internally or by competitors
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate values: Passion, Accountability, Collaboration, Integrity and Respect; along with any other position specific competencies.
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.
- Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
- Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.