The Director Investor Relations will build out and lead investor relations for DermTech. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will collaborate with DermTech’s Executive Management team and Board of Directors as needed to prepare external communications and represent the company externally within the investor community.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an investor relations strategy that effectively conveys the company's vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value.
- Lead all outreach within the investor community including relationships with existing and prospective investors.
- Provide thought leadership on market activity and present insights and recommendations proactively to the Executive Management Team.
- Analyze and present on financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and any other key external factors that could impact the company.
- In partnership with the Chief Financial Officer, take responsibility for preparing and managing quarterly earnings calls and related corporate presentations.
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and execution framework.
- Partner with the Legal department to ensure compliance and help prepare related company filings including the Annual Report and 10-k.
- In collaboration with Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and other Executive Management team members as needed, be the primary liaison with the external public relations firm to create and deliver key messaging in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting; MBA or Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience in an investor relations leadership role; strong track record within the investment community.
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements and filing requirements; strong understanding of the capital markets.
- Experience with financial modeling and valuation methods used by analysts and investors.
- Strong financial analysis skills, and adept at clearly communicating key financial information and insights.
- Strong relationship-builder; proactive in addressing issues and resolving matters to ensure healthy relationships over time. Interested in strong internal as well as external partnerships and collaboration.