The Director, Investment Services Sales is responsible for managing the ongoing operations of the Financial Advisor sales function as well as the development of the Financial Advisor team. This position will manage and monitor the overall sales performance, establish an effective sales and marketing plan, support programs for continued growth and oversee operational compliance. This position is responsible for ensuring that new and existing products, program services and delivery systems are in compliance with industry FINRA/SEC rules and regulations. The Director, Investment Service Sales will ensure that the sales team is knowledgeable of all BECU services and products offered to provide members a smooth integration of the Investment Services Sales organization with other services.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and information protection requirements.
- Maintain and effectively leverage a thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations as they apply to investments and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Partner with the department’s Operations function to ensure coordination and adherence of team members to operational, regulatory and supervision policies and procedures.
- Work in cooperation with the Branch Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ) to ensure compliance and suitability of trades.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for day-to-trading, public/member communications, investment transfers, break points, alternate investment oversight and asset allocation and risk control.
- Direct the Financial Advisors and Associate Financial Advisors to ensure timely and accurate services are provided by providing managerial leadership, direction and effective monitoring of performance. Establish departmental and individual goals and objectives that are consistent with the operating plan.
- Act as an escalation point for members/clients who have concerns and/or complaints that have not been properly resolved.
- Integrate across lines of business to manage joint success by building and managing relationships with other lines of business to ensure referral flow in compliance with regulatory and supervision policies and procedures.
- In partnership with BECU recruiting services, source, recruit and select financial advisor talent.
- Direct the Investment Sales function’s expense budget to ensure optimal cost/benefit decisions and return to member clients with the guidance of the VP Investment Services.
- Research, develop, and implement new products or service opportunities. Effectively partner with and influence product and services partners to ensure achievement of program goals.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and training within the department to develop and encourage their performance. Meet with staff on a timely basis for the purpose of conducting performance evaluations, using Competencies and Goals as performance measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree in business or related field or equivalent required. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Eight years of people management experience in the financial services industry.
- Eight to ten years of investment services/ wealth management leadership experience
- Series 7, 24, 63, 65 and insurance licensing required.
- Advanced wealth management compliance and tradingexperiencerequired.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret any impact of new regulations as well as changes to existing regulations and implement necessary procedures to ensure compliance.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel and member related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Moderate travel by car and/or public conveyance for trips at some out of area locations.