Purpose of Job:
The Investment Director is responsible for finding ways to improve the operational capabilities and delivery of the Investment product for the benefit of our clients, encompassing MediaCom and GroupM best in class practices throughout all media channels. The Investment Director is the bridge between Investment and Client Services Team to educate and empower strategic thinking through the implementation of new and existing GroupM / MediaCom tools for planning and buying execution.
- Key contact for Client Service teams on trading and strategic planning product and collaborative practices with aligned benchmarking/KPIs.
- Client facing as it pertains to Investment recommendations
- Contributor to new business initiatives including being part of a pitch presentation team as required
- Maintain global and procurement relationships to ensure maximum bonus earnings for Mediacom through managing global audits & valuators, ad hoc reporting and savings reports.
- Improve structure, process and trading product options to better serve, grow and retain clients.
- Nurture and develop talent in assigned team as a ‘go to’ coach and mentor for Mangers and below.
- Work with BIA and HR departments to ensure all teams in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are trained on key tools, processes and systems (proprietary and 3rd party owned) where relevant
- Lead Investment team communications to agency (including Vancouver & Montreal offices) from the Investment team on a quarterly basis through insight pieces and POV reports
- Drive Systems Thinking and all facets that may be relevant to guarantee success for clients.
- Work with CST to develop planning guidelines for Broadcast and Digital
- Push through innovative planning principles across all clients
- Maximize other GroupM product revenue opportunities on assigned client portfolio
- Assess and implement UK learning if deemed applicable and advantageous in Canada.
- Travel within North America is expected.
Skills and Behaviours:
- A solution-based team player able to listen and offer guidance even in a pressurized situation.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to positively influence decisions.
- Accepting of new ideas and thinking to drive both our clients and our business forward.
- Passionate about producing world class work and developing people’s careers path.
- Able to show courage and leadership in relation to difficult client and team situations.
- Comfortable in developing memorable and impactful presentations.
- Able to influence and oversee that the brilliant basics are being delivered to all clients.
Education and Experience:
- Preferred 6-10 years media negotiation/planning experience.
- Experience managing and coaching teams on large clients.