The Director, Investigations and Security Services is responsible for overseeing internal investigations and the Company’s physical security group. The Director will ensure that internal investigations are conducted promptly and in a thorough and objective manner. Such investigations could include allegations of misconduct, alleged violations of law or policy, concerns regarding compliance or ethics raised by employees, suppliers, vendors, and other third-parties. The Director will also oversee the physical security of Republic Services employees, assets, and facilities nationwide. She/he will serve as the primary point of contact for escalation of security incidents while also strategically addressing and proactively preventing security issues through training and education, and the management and oversight of security standards, guard services and security technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 10 years of broad based investigative experience, with an emphasis on employee misconduct, policy violations, fraud, criminal matters,
- Experience conducting and managing document reviews.
- Strong interviewing skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented; ability to prepare comprehensive investigation reports and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Strong ethics and the ability to keep information confidential.
- Proven ability to be proactive and effective under deadline pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and exercise excellent judgment.
- Possess a detailed understanding of physical security practices, to include camera technologies, guard services and security standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed organization.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills to maintain momentum on multiple projects simultaneously, focus on critical priorities, ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner, and produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with a demonstrated record of cross-functional partnership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to deliver crisp, clear and concise presentations and reports to audiences at all levels within the organization.
- Previous experience working in the corporate environment with proven leadership and management skills
- Oversees and manages multiple comprehensive internal investigations of concerns and complaints in compliance with established Company policies and investigative processes and procedures.
- Oversees all aspects of physical security for Republic Services facilities nationwide.
- Provides vison and strategy to address both immediate and long term security needs with a focus on incident prevention.
- Leads a team responsible for a major security technology upgrade nationwide.
- Prepares and delivers training and security presentations for employees on relevant security matters.
- Provides periodic updates to the Company’s executive leadership team concerning security issues and compliance.
- Conducts site security assessments and maintains security standards for all Company facilities.
- Regular and unpredictable travel up to 40% of the time.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree. (Required)
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience (Required)