Job ID: CEP000730
The Director of Inventory Management will optimize and manage financial performance of global inventory for Cepheid. They will develop execute and track strategic inventory reduction initiatives. This person will work closely with finance, procurement and planning to track inventory trends, manage quarterly E&O, supportinternal and external audits, execute quarterly excess scrap and provide ad hoc inventory analysis. Each quarter a deep dive is required on at least $10M of material that otherwise would be deemed excess and charged to the P&L the impact of this analysis will directly contribute to the company’s operating margin.
• Will require innovation leveraging prior experience to develop internal processes to control inventory, expenses and investments
• Support weekly and monthly inventory change analysis and discussions.
• Manage Quarterly Excess and Obsolete program and align policy with changing business requirements.
• Interact regularly with corporate finance and team of auditors supporting their requirements for data and analysis.
• Manage across cross functional teams to align on expiration dating, R&D, and service consumption planning
• Present outcome of E&O findings to the president COO and CFO in addition to direct discussion with auditors regarding exceptions and judgments
Education or Experience (in years):
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration is required.
• A minimum of 10 years+ in inventory management, complex forecasting environments, service planning environments. Manufacturing planning experience is necessary.
• Model Development for capacity planning and long term forecasting.
• Will require innovation leveraging prior experience to develop long term planning capabilities and develop internal processes to control inventory, expenses and investments.
• Will need excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Will engage with Executives in the C-Suite.
• Excellent analytical skills is a must.
Knowledge and skills:
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and be comfortable coordinating tasks across multiple functions.
• The candidate is required to be a strong team player with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be an advanced user of MS-Excel
• Experience with MS-Access and otherdatabase management software is essential.
• Programming skills would be a plus.