What you'll be doing:
As the hands-on lead of the Film accounting and Costing functions the focus of the role is to partner with technology, Film Finance and Film Post Production to provide on-going accounting and costing support, as well as strategic guidance and analysis of prospective transactions. Critical to the success of this role is to continue developing and mentoring the team, establishing sustainable processes and policies for transaction processing & reconciliation with its business partners.
- Own the complete accountability for inventory accounting and the buildup of projection system cost of sales which includes;
- Preparing analysis and financial accounting for all installation costs;
- Inventory accounting and manufacturing cost of sales;
- Analysis of accounts and manufacturing variances;
- Liaison with supply chain, manufacturing and production;
- Maintenance of standard inventory costs and the accounting required to properly prorate variances;
- Supervision of a team of inventory and film accounting personnel
- First level review of system cost of sales and film division results, including accounting for the Company's DMR, documentary film titles, and its post-production house.
- Manage, review and approve reconciliation, analysis and preparation of monthly and quarterly Inventory and Costing schedules, preparation of documentation to support the financial reporting process and annual audit.
- Analysis, reconciliation and recognition of After Market Sales projects and present to the SVP, Finance
- Review and approve reconciliation of job costing modules and clearing jobs to accrual, cost of sales and/or fixed assets
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on film, inventory and cost related issues.
- Partner with Supply Chain on variance analysis, year-end inventory count process and reconciliation.
- Partner with Film Finance, Post-Production operations and Post-Production finance on various initiatives such as analysis of new deal terms, film cost analysis, participation calculations and budget analysis
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports
- Assist with cost reduction and process improvement projects, establish system controls, and develop and document procedures to improve existing business process systems
- Assist in the design and implementation of ERP enhancements to deliver technological innovation and process assistance to the Finance team
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analyses of trends and variances.
- Trend and analyze data to support ongoing activities and evaluate the results of changes in manufacturing and processing, including developing a list of key metrics to routinely evaluate manufacturing and processing activities, analyzing and evaluating cost reduction
Assist with ad hoc technical accounting projects as they arise.
What we're looking for:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent in business.
- CPA designation with several years of costing and inventory accounting or audit experience.
- Excellent level MS Word and Excel skills.
- Experience and proficiency with inventory software.
- ERP (e.g. SAP) experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Influencer, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven track record in developing and leading people
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Maintains ownership of responsibilities and takes initiative.
- Needs to be able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must be available to work overtime as required (ex. month-end, quarter-end, year-end).