The ideal candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, a thought leader and is comfortable working in a fast paced and performance driven work environment. He/She should be a team player, has the ability to influence people and is a leader who engages and develops talent in the team. He/She should have proven expertise in managing international logistics, including knowledge of global transportation routes, regional/geographical logistics nuances, port operations, harbor drayage and has relationships with international logistics providers.
Job responsibilities include:
- Works closely with the Sourcing, IBO, SC Control Tower and Operations Directors in the development of department business plans, and support of day-to-day functioning of the network.
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with senior leaders throughout the industry to keep abreast of industry trends and to ensure the Company’s best interests are supported.
- Collaborates with the suppliers, IBO and Sourcing to develop a First Mile logistics network.
- Manages 3PL led cross dock and consolidation facilities, leads setting up of new facilities to support the SC strategic roadmap.
- Directs and manages International Logistics provider selection and negotiation.
- Develops and manages annual transportationbudgets and works withfinance to analyze and recommend actions to optimize budget and spend.
- Builds and maintains proactive, dynamic communications with carrier leadership to support and nurture mutually beneficial business relationships to improve near and long term network capabilities, and support business requirements and objectives.
- Supports development of carrier strategies and leads the implementation of transportation initiatives that will improve lead-times, costs, and service; observes and stays aware of industry trends for issues impacting our carrier network and service levels.
- Directs the analysis of modal/carrier data to benchmark service standards, applicable trends, and financial strengths, to ensure contracted service levels are being met and that analysis is interpreted to plan actions for continuous improvements to the network.
- Ensures carrier opportunities are identified and appropriate solutions are developed; provides direction and influence/support for rapid resolution of carrier problems that impact the timely delivery of shipments; actively leads in situations of crisis management when need arises.
- Advises, counsels in developing and implementing network strategies and overall execution of transportation plans and practices to meet business objectives, and ensure continuous improvement to the efficiencies of the network.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in a business discipline preferred from an accredited college or university; master’s degree in logistics highly preferred but not a must.
12 – 15 years in the transportation and/or retail industry with significant exposure to international freight transportation and 3PL management.