$250K — $500K+*
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The International Tax Director will be a key member of the tax leadership team. S/he will be responsible for leading a diverse and multi-disciplined group of professionals tasked with developing and implementing the Company’s international tax planning strategies, advising, and assisting with international income tax compliance, accounting and reporting, managing international tax audits and controversies and leading international M&A activities.
• Develop and implement the Company’s US international tax and foreign tax planning strategies, including analysis of all planning options for proposed business, legal entity, and transfer pricing changes, with consideration of impacts to operations, tax accounting, cash taxes, and compliance
• Lead the structuring and implementing of creative tax-planning solutions in close coordination with the broader tax team as well as business and functional teams
• Partner with senior tax leadership to ensure all tax planning projects, transfer pricing, and international operations are accurately reflected in the Company’s short and long-term effective tax rate forecasts
• Provide leadership and support to high functioning tax team, including building the processes with tax compliance inputs in a complex environment
• Perform detailed research within US international tax and foreign tax laws, regulations, and other legal authority and prepare materials to support the Company’s tax positions
• Provide technical expertise and leadership in all aspects of ASC 740, which includes presenting quarterly and annual tax provisions to management and independent auditors.
• Responsible for overseeing all cash optimization initiatives and tax payment projections for all legal entities; working with treasury and regional controllership teams
• Handle the completion of tax reporting for 10Q and 10K income tax inclusion, including performing reconciliations and providing reporting disclosures materials to auditors
• Establish an effective business partnering relationship with the senior leadership team
• Identify tax risk areas and work with other functional areas to ensure appropriate steps are taken to minimize tax risk
• Experience in managing and resolving tax audits and controversies
• Experience in leading and advising on global mergers and acquisitions and business structures and transactions
• Develop continuous improvement practices including the use of technology for the tax function to become more efficient and accurate in compliance work and to utilize best practices that are feasible and appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or other related field required
• Master’s Degree in Tax, or advanced degree in taxation preferred
• CPA or JD preferred
• Minimum of 20 years of experience
• Strong technical knowledge of income tax accounting rules and regulations
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills, including the ability to simplify and communicate complex technical information
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
• Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
• Staff management and development experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Corptax and TaxStream
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Valid through: 4/29/2021
$70K — $90K + $20K bonus