Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Director, US International Tax, is responsible for the US international aspects of tax provisioning, compliance, controversy and planning for over 80 foreign entities. The role requires subject matter expertise in Subpart F, foreign tax credits, foreign currency, and M&A. The Director will be based at PayPal HQ in San Jose, CA and will report to the Sr. Director, Tax.
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual US international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, inputs to global effective tax rate calculations and footnote disclosure
- Prepare and/or review Forms 5471 for controlled foreign corporations
- Prepare and/or review Forms 8858 and 8865 for flow through foreign entities
- Prepare and maintain supporting documentation of earnings and profits pools, tax pools, PTI, and US tax basis for foreign subsidiaries and/or branches
- Analyze and calculate taxable distributions, §78 gross-ups, §956 inclusions, §986(c) gains/losses, §987 gains/losses, Subpart F income, ECI, etc.
- Support the preparation of Forms 1118 and 1116 for foreign tax credits and supporting documentation
- Determine and maintain supporting documentation for §861 allocations to foreign source income
- Prepare/review required elections and disclosures such as check-the-box elections, DCLs, etc.
- Prepare/review and maintain tax basis balance sheets
- Evaluate current processes and workflow, recommend and implement improvements
- Assist in taxaudits management and defense
- Support M&A projects, including tax due diligence, review of tax sections in acquisition agreements, and post-acquisition integration/compliance
- Provide US-outbound tax planning support for international operations including repatriation strategies, foreign tax credit optimization and local country tax planning opportunities.
- Train, mentor and develop direct report(s)
- Significant experience in financialreporting for international tax matters, including Subpart F, repatriation of foreign earnings, foreign tax credits and valuation allowance analysis.
- Strong project management skills
- People management experience
- Resourcefulness and adaptability
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills
- Ability to explain complex tax concepts to non-tax stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel, CorpTax and SAP
- 12-15 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry (industry experiencepreferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- JD/LLM, Masters in Taxation or CPApreferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.