- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
U.S and International Tax Compliance and Planning
- Tax Director international tax operations will direct aspects of foreign tax compliance activities in various jurisdictions. Including foreign corporate tax, VAT, withholding, and other local taxes for assigned entities.
- Provide direction, technical expertise and coordination on development and implementation of international tax strategies.
- Provide direction on tax implications that may arise from global cash repatriation complexities, through collaboration with Treasury and local market teams to best optimize financial implications.
- Manages and reviews foreign estimated income tax and extension payments
- Manage foreign income taxaudits, non-income taxaudits and U.S. taxaudited related to foreign subsidiaries as required.
- Review and prepare the preparation, maintenance and review of documentation supporting tax implications of MVW's foreign operations on the U.S. tax provision and tax return, including quarterly subpart F inclusions, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, tax basis, etc.
- Maintain process to identify changes in the U.S. and local tax regulations to ensure business operations and tax department maintain proper tax compliance.
- Support local country business initiatives by evaluating U.S and local tax implications including income tax, indirect tax, permanent establishment risk by performing tax research, coordinating with local tax advisors and local business teams.
- Review and prepare documentation to supporting thetax implications for significant international tax transactions for proposes of supporting the income tax accounting group and other financial and compliance processes.
- Manages technical issues in tax returns and ensures work product is adequately documented. Manage all transfer pricing requirements including master file and jurisdictional reporting
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with leaders within the F&A, HR, Law and other business departments within MVWC.
- Manages a team of tax professionals to meet financialreporting, foreign and U.S. tax compliance requirements.
- Manages outside vendors and contractors to assure effectiveness and successful results.
- Manages the tax calendar for financialreporting and all foreign tax compliance.
- Attracts, retains, manages, develops and motivates tax team members by providing leadership, guidance, and counseling as appropriate.
- Ensures the enterprise's tax planning strategies are properly applied, implemented, and documented.
- Provides input on tax matters to operational business leads on business initiatives.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor of Finance, Accounting or in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Master of Taxation preferred.
- Ten plus years of corporate taxexperience with similar size organizations with minimum of five years international taxexperience.
- Strong U.S. tax technical skills including Subpart F, GILTI, FTC limitation calculations, transfer pricing and tax research.
- Experience leading and managing large scale initiatives.
- Three plus years in a supervisory role with demonstrated success leading and developing a functional team in a complex, service-intensive, and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven history of consistently delivering results.
- Timeshare, real estate development, or hospitality experiencepreferred.