Job ID 2018-3522
Directs team responsible for strategy, planning, and coordination of all marketing activities to international customer segments across Joint Commission International and the Enterprise including hospital, academic medical center, ambulatory, laboratory, home care, medical transport, primary care, and others. Works in collaboration with leadership in Marketing, Business Development, and Product P&Ls to set and achieve measurable performance targets. Provides leadership and coaching to the team that develops all sales and marketing content and plans outbound programs required to meet business goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a process and team responsible for developing and planning integrated marketing programs spanning the entire Enterprise and all channels for owned segments.
- Tracks, manages, and plans marketing budgets from multiple parts of the Enterprise. Ultimately responsible for how budget is used and the performance return.
- Leads marketing activities related to new product strategy and development. Actively works with product line leadership on commercialization activities for new products and services.
- Oversees the development of all marketing and sales collateral for multiple customer segments. Ensures an ongoing process for review with Corporate Marketing.
- Sets team and individual performance goals. Establishes KPIs, reports and measures and routinely monitor progress towards goals.
- Ensures a process to regularly communicate, meet, and enable sales and business development staff with data, collaterals, and updates to support selling activities.
- Represents Marketing in business pipeline reviews, communicating ongoing marketing programs and results. Reviews financial performance and recommend to P&L leadership prioritization of marketing objectives (lead gen, opportunity acceleration, retention, cross-sell) and specific programs to meet business goals.
- Develops annual performance goals and quarterly professional development plans for staff.
- Partners with Sales, BD, and P&L leadership to develop annual market assessments and inform business plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Attends external conferences, review best-practice literature, and regularly networks outside of the Enterprise seeking best practices to incorporate.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Marketing or Marketing-related concentration. MBA or Master’s degree a plus. International marketing experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience in health care or other comparably complex B2B industry. Minimum three years of marketing experience in a management role.
- Strong command of B2B Product Marketing and Downstream Marketing concepts and strategies. Must have previous experience launching new products. Must have extensive experience planning and executing measurable demand generation campaigns.
- Working knowledge of digital and content marketing program best practices. Familiarity with CEB Challenger Marketing & Selling a plus.
- Must have experience developing annual marketing plans. Preference will be given to those with experience leading the marketing planning process for multiple P&Ls or business units.
- Able to develop and coach marketing staff. Able to communicate demand generation strategy and techniques to non-marketing internal stakeholders.
- Experience using a CRM platform in Marketing activities required. Advanced working knowledge of CRM and marketing automation concepts preferred.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking ability.
- Ability to select, manage, and hold accountable third-party vendors. Strong preference for those with direct experience managing external marketing agencies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to give persuasive presentations to executive leadership.
- Healthcare industry experience highly preferred.
Ability to travel up to 15%, as needed, including international.