Global Corporate Income Tax Provisions
- Prepare global ASC 740 monthly current and deferred tax asset provision calculations.
- Prepare global monthly current and deferred rollforward of tax balances.
- Calculate and maintain federal NOL calculations, including §382 limitations.
- Manage the application of internal controls for income taxes and assist with SOX compliance, documentation and testing.
- Assess the status of global uncertain tax positions (UTP) quarterly for consideration in tax provision.
- Lead and prepare R+D tax credits.
U.S. Income Tax Compliance
- Direct and review preparation of the federal consolidated income tax return, including tax elections, related statements and separate legal entity proformas.
- Submit federal tax return timely.
- Prepare and submit federal estimated income tax payments and extensions.
- Correspond with tax authorities and external auditors to ensure communication of relevant information as appropriate.
- Communicate with IRS authorities to resolve tax notices and audits.
- Manage audits of federal income taxes.
- Manage audits of Canadian federal and provincial income tax returns.
Tax Research & Planning
- Work with management and third party (tax and legal) service providers to identify and evaluate tax planning opportunities at the international and federal levels.
- Monitor federal tax legislation changes and analyze impact to the Company to identity and develop tax planning opportunities.
- Research and resolve technical federal tax issues.
Miscellaneous Tax Responsibilities
- Supervise, train and develop State and Indirect Tax Manager and TaxAccountant.
- Develop and maintain tax calendar.
- Manage and review Canadian federal and provincial income tax returns.
- Calculate and maintain Canadian NOL calculations.
- Prepare and submit Forms 1042 for payments to foreign entities.
- Direct and manage filing of Forms 1099 for payments to US entities.
- Assist PwC in performing R&D credit studies, Transfer Pricing studies, Country-by-Country Reporting (CbCR) and Transaction Cost Analysis studies for acquisitions.
- Maintain current Forms W-9 and Forms W-8BEN-E for Neenah legal entities and provide appropriate documentation as needed by various Neenah personnel/vendors.
- Assist Fixed Asset group with maintaining/reviewing the fixed assets tax cost, income tax depreciation and property taxvaluation.
- Assist Legal Department with preparation of annual Secretary of State filings.
- Provide Treasury Department with estimated cash payments for all taxes.
- Assist PayrollTax Manager with employment tax issues.
- Requires Masters Degree in Taxation.
- Requires 15+ years of income taxexperience with a minimum of 10 years in industry
- International tax highly preferred; Big Four Firm taxexperiencepreferred.
- Requires ASC 740 experience.
- Must be hands-on, detail oriented and work within a collaborative environment.
- Strong preference for experience in manufacturing environment, given significant R&D tax credits and studies supporting tax returns
- Preference to be experienced with M+A, including due diligence and documentation