The Director, Internal Partnerships & Synergy will report to the Senior Director and will be responsible for the planning and execution of synergy partnerships on behalf of ESPN properties as well as responsibility for support and management of synergy support for key TWDC priorities. You are a self-starter who has a passion for sports, as well as general entertainment and news. You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate different individuals up and down an organization to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Manage relationships between ESPN and all synergy partners across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) including ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Cable Networks Group, Radio Disney, Freeform, Disney Parks, Lucas Film, Marvel, National Geographic Partners, FX Networks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, ESPN Club and more.
- Identify build and support the planning and execution of synergy plans for major sports properties including NFL, NBA, and College Football Playoff along with ESPN owned properties and brands such as SportsCenter, 30 for 30, The ESPYS, X Games, The Ocho and more.
- Collaborative partner of ESPN marketing, programming, production, pr and others departments working to identify partnership opportunities as well as execute on synergy plans across TWDC
- Work with synergy colleagues across TWDC to identify strategic marketing, promotion, content integration and new business opportunities for ESPN
- Partner with Research, Media and other applicable departments to analyze performance, monitor partnership investment for improvements ensuring overall ROI goals are being met
- Keeping up with current business trends in other divisions of TWDC and sharing best practices, as well as developing and executing strategies for change that can further maximize tune-in/branding opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and oversight of the Synergy Budget and SAP-related duties.
- Assist Sr. Director in short and long range planning.
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with SAP essential.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual (e.g., PowerPoint, Keynote) communication skills that can be directed at various departments and across multiple levels of management
- Effective management skills related to scope definition / prioritization, tracking ongoing deliverables, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful integrated cross-platform communications programs Ability to establish dynamic relationships with partners
- Energetic, Flexible, & Collaborative Superior written communication skills
- Candidate should have a healthy appreciation of popular culture and the role of sports in popular culture.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience
- Creative thinker who enjoys finding creative solutions by bringing brands together in unique and unexpected ways.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate, take initiative, have superior relationship skills, ability to multi-task, is detail oriented, incredibly organized, and a self-starter.
- Solid verbal communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of external and internal colleagues
- Disney and/or ESPN experience/interest or related sports/entertainment experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to translate complex data into actionable insights in a clear and concise manner
- Driven self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across multiple departments and disciplines in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing business demands
- BA/BS from undergraduate university with degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field;