Req ID: JR-0000036203-OTHLOC-67200120490
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Director, Internal Investigations is responsible for overseeing the Company’s Global Ethics Hotline, conducting internal investigations globally, and ensuring that ethics and compliance concerns raised by employees, suppliers, vendors and other third-parties anywhere in the world are promptly and thoroughly investigated and appropriately redressed. The Director, Internal Investigations reports to the Associate General Counsel, Ethics and Compliance.
The Director, Internal Investigations will oversee the day-to-day management of the Company’s Ethics Hotline (through which employees and third parties worldwide can report concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week), assessing the nature and potential severity of the issues raised, and promptly and thoroughly investigating them. This position will be responsible for reporting the results of these investigations to the Company’s management team and advising on appropriate remedial action to be taken, if any, as a result of the outcome of the investigation. In addition, the Director, Internal Investigations will be responsible for analyzing investigation trends and advising the Company on emerging risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing all ethics and compliance concerns raised to the Company at any site globally, whether through the Ethics Hotline or other channels, and determining the appropriate investigation or other action to be taken.
- Developing an investigation plan particular to each concern.
- Conducting internal investigations around the globe, including collecting and reviewing documents, interviewing witnesses, and reaching findings.
- Drafting investigative reports summarizing the work performed and outcome of the investigation, and maintaining accurate records relating to the same.
- Advising the Company on the findings of the internal investigations and appropriate remedial action to be taken based on the findings.
- Partnering with Human Resources and other investigative functions across the Company to ensure timely completion of investigations.
- Designing and delivering effective training for investigators across the Company to enhance interviewing and report writing skills, among other investigation fundamentals.
- Designing and delivering effective training for investigators on investigation fundamentals, including interviewing and report writing.
- Coordinating cross-functional “root cause” committee meetings to discuss lessons learned from investigations and how to enhance processes.
- Analyzing ethics and compliance complaints to determine trends and areas of compliance risk.
- Providing periodic updates to the Company’s management team concerning ethics and compliance concerns.
- Overseeing training and communication initiatives related to Western Digital’s ”Speak Up” culture and non-retaliation policy, including quarterly all-employee communications.
- JD degree with a strong academic record.
- Minimum of 8–12 years of legal experience with emphasis on internal investigations, white collar litigation, and/or ethics and compliance.
- Substantial experience in conducting and overseeing investigations is required; experience in an in-house investigations role is highly desirable.
- Experience investigating financial fraud, procurement impropriety, and employee misconduct is required; a background in finance is highly desirable.
- Understanding of compliance laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, global competition laws, and data privacy.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, in addition to a demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to deliver crisp, clear and concise executive presentations; professional presence and ability to interact effectively with executive management.
- Capable of inspiring trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, and focusing on critical priorities with little or no supervision.
- Strong work ethic and ability to produce high quality work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work effectively in a global environment; sensitivity to and an understanding of cultural differences.
- Multi-lingual skills (Mandarin or Thai) are highly desirable.
- Regular and sometimes unpredictable travel, including regular international travel, is required.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.