About The Role
We are looking for a Director of Internal Communications to help us educate and energize SoFi employees about our work, vision, and values. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and Public Policy, this position will be be responsible for leading strategic internal communications and engagement across all company locations. This position inbased in San Francisco.
The Director will craft and execute programs for all employee-focused communications, initiatives and tactics; drive daily activities; and work in tandem with business partners and cross-functional teams within SoFi.
SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to lending, wealth management and insurance. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result.
- Serve as a company leader for strategic internal communications and engagement.
- Develop internal communications materials of the highest standards, appropriate to audience and context, including managing the company’s intranet, company meetings, and internal executive communications.
- Develop strategies and initiatives for internal employee business communication companywide, intra- and inter-departmentally, alongside the Vice President of Communications and Public Policy.
- Work closely with executives on best practices for communicating business information within and across departments.
- Partner with HR as well as IT for new technology applications for internal communications purposes.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills; proficiency to write clearly and concisely on complex topics for a diverse set of internal audiences.
- Creative, unconventional thinker
- Team player
- Dynamic, motivated and self-starter who is flexible and adaptable to change
- Attention to detail, while being able to rise above to see the bigger picture
- Eight (8) or more years of experience performing internal communications roles
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong, direct, positive interpersonal skills to accomplish goals.
- Proven track record of teamwork, innovation and results in the employee communication function.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated track record managing effective communication of complex organization challenges (e.g., diverse businesses, locations, time zones).
- Knowledge of financial services / personal finance a plus
- Lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary packages, bonuses and stock options
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans