At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
The Director of Internal Communications will be responsible for the development and execution of the overall internal communications strategy for Skillsoft. In this newly created role, you will develop, lead, and implement internal communications strategies to support the company’s brand, culture, purpose, and direction. Your responsibilities will also include defining and implementing our executive communications strategy and framework, aligning to Skillsoft’s business objectives.
- Develop and implement company-wide internal communication strategies and programs that engage, inspire, and align employees with Skillsoft’s brand, vision, priorities, and key initiatives.
- Develop scalable channels to share information and ensure employees are kept apprised of key activities. Oversee, generate and/or edit written and visual content and messaging for these channels.
- Design and implement employee engagement activities to promote awareness and adoption of the brand, build brand ambassadors.
- Oversee and develop executive communications providing counsel to executive leaders as needed and developing messaging to ensure they have a unified approach in sharing our strategy and goals consistently.
- Develop best practices/KPIs to enable continuous improvement of the internal communications function.
- Serve as key internal brand ambassador for Skillsoft
- Oversee Corporate Social Responsibility to promote employee engagement and build internal awareness.
- Liaise with PR/AR, content marketing and brand strategy to ensure integrated communications planning and execution.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 12+ years’ experience in internal/employee communications within a global organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Writing, English, Public Relations, or related field.
- Proven experience working cross culturally.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership teams.
- Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of channels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver organizational messages using various communication modes for transparency and clarity of messages with teams in a consistent and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and respond quickly to organizational needs, demonstrating resiliency in various situations, adapting quickly to changing needs of the business.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities while maintaining strong focus on execution and results.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.