SUPERVISION: Direct and control activities through several managers or senior professional level staff who have responsibility for the operation of the assigned area and/or process or system.
INTERACTION: Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers/stakeholders. Ability to negotiate with customers or management and influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance. Build personal networks to achieve mutually beneficial solutions.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
12 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; 5 or more years of management experience.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor and coach team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Expert independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Understand, interpret and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
- Plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
- Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Lead and develop virtual teams
- Expert in multiple technical and business skills
- Strategic planning skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong social media capabilities, deep practical knowledge of communications technologies, experience with crisis communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Web Services and IT to design and implement creative strategies and publish visually appealing and engaging content.
- Basic competency in Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, content management systems and similar technologies.
- Knowledge of multi-national communications valuable.