Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
As the Director of Internal Audit, you will lead reviews of financial, operational and compliance risks and controls across Omni’s portfolio of hotels and business units from planning to final report issuance.
- Leading team to efficiently execute all assigned projects (mostly property audits).
- Conducting independent and objective assessments of internal controls, financial results, corporate processes, hotel operations, compliance requirements, etc.
- Managing the delivery of timely audit reports / results and high-quality deliverables to senior management and ownership.
- Participating in the company's internal controls SOX compliance efforts and / or audits of hotels and other business areas.
- Helping refine departmental methodologies and deliverables in accordance with professional standards.
- Supervising the audit team, including internal audit team members.
- Interacting regularly with owners and senior management.
- Building solid working relationships and partnering closely with leadership.
- Prepare draft audit process procedures and other pre-audit planning activities aimed at ensuring an efficient and effective audit.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of general accounting experience or minimum of five (5) years in public accounting.
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience.
- Preferred qualifications: CA/CPA/CIA.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of internal control concepts / frameworks.
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing standards.
- Experience / knowledge of auditing processes and methodologies, including flowcharting.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and prior experience testing key controls.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead meetings.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with superior interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong work ethic with self-accountability for high-quality results.
- Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of challenges and / or changing circumstances.
- High-energy self-starter capable of completing a heavy workload within strict timelines.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Requisition ID 2018-24955