$150K — $200K *
Directs all aspects of the Inter-facility Transport process. Assures that each step in the transport process optimizes patient safety, patient outcomes, and the safety of staff and all others affected by the transport process. Educates staff, physicians, referring institutions, transport providers, and the local community about the pivotal role the transport process plays in caring for critically ill children and seeking their well-being. Implements appropriate systems to assure that transport team members are providing the highest possible level of care and that the impact and value of the transport process are understood.
1. Facilitates and leads quality initiatives in specific areas as well as throughout the Transport Team and the entire organization.
2. Utilizes a keen understanding of the clinical knowledge, educational support, and research endeavors necessary to create excellence with all Inter-facility Transport Services.
3. Develops and implements systems that insure standardization within the Transport Team (i.e., Education, Staffing Quality Initiatives, Protocols, Information Systems).
4. Plans and facilitates multi-disciplinary planning and communication within the Transport Team and among all who play key roles with inter-facility transport.
5. Coordinates, assists and participates in outreach efforts for Transport Team services.
6. Achieves the strategic outcomes for areas of responsibility.
7. Identifies opportunities for, and develops interdependent teams.
8. Directs the financial management within areas of responsibility: plans, prepares and monitors capital and operating budget in collaboration with administrators, physicians and staff.
9. Plans, prepares and monitors capital and operating budget in collaboration with Administrators, Physicians and staff. Plans and implements system changes that enhance the organizational performance.
10. Leads and manages people resources, responsible for the selection and ongoing development of the clinical and clerical staff in area of responsibility. Assures clinical expertise of staff by providing educational and professional development opportunities and creatively coordinates their implementation.
11. Pursues professional opportunities and networks which enhance ones own professional knowledge and advancement a well as excellence in the Transport Team.
12. Facilitates collaborative partnerships with physicians to ensure that the needs of patients are met.
13. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
2. Master�s degree, with a concentration in nursing administration, health care administration, business or related field.
3. Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Prior experience in a health care setting strongly preferred.
4. Broad knowledge of issues, trends, practices and systems related to Pediatrics, Critical Care Services, Emergency Services, and/or Transport Team delivery systems, acquired through clinical experience, is essential.
5. Experience working in partnership with health care professionals in leadership roles.
6. Demonstrated ability to ensure the provision of quality patient care in a dynamic and fiscally challenging environment.
7. Previous leadership experience (of three plus years) with a demonstrated ability to ensure quality patient care in a dynamic and challenging environment and with demonstrated capacity to provide leadership in a collaborative and facilitative style.
Valid through: 12/8/2020