Insmed is a growing global biopharmaceutical company powered by our purpose to deliver life-altering therapies to small patient populations experiencing big health problems. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and a patients-first mentality guides everything we do. Today, we are building a world-class team of talented individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively and with a sense of urgency.
Come join us if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and be recognized for your efforts while working alongside team members who share your passion for serving patients and their families.
About the Role:
To provide intellectual property counsel, recommendations, and alternatives for complex global legal questions and issues related thereto.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Strategic management of global IP portfolios for company programs, including patent prosecution, patent maintenance and associated IP diligence
- Draft, negotiate, and/or file legal documents including patent applications, non-infringement and invalidity opinions, responses to office action from various patent offices, including the USPTO, agreements, and licenses
- Assist Chief Legal Officer in analysis of intellectual property issues
- Provide IP/legal support (status reports, due diligence, etc.) for other groups within the company, e.g. Business Development, Research, Regulatory, Tech Ops
- Stay current on emerging trends in intellectual property law through continuing legal education, reading, professional conferences, and participating in professional associations
- Partner with external firm/counsel as needed
- Must have at minimum 8-12 years of biopharma-related patent prosecution and complex IP diligence experience is required
- Must have at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in a law firm or in house supporting life sciences is required
- Juris Doctorate Degree required
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related field is required
- Experience, understanding and working knowledge in drafting and supporting Global patents