This position will join a dynamic management team, overseeing an engineering team responsible for test and validation of Charter's Access products, services and technology in engineering QA lab environments. The individual will be a key contributor to the development and deployment of ACCESS platforms that include CCAP CMTS from several vendors along with: ARRIS E6000, Cisco 10K I-CMTS, Cisco 10K M-CMTS, Cisco RFGW-10, Cisco cBR8, CASA C100G, Nokia/Gainspeed Ethernode, Harmonic CableOS, Harmonic NSG Pro, Adtran C9516, Nokia 7360 FX-4, Sumitomo FSU7100. This position will be responsible for testing and integration of multiple vendor products into Charter's networks. Hands-on work in a lab or cable system environment are required to validate test plans and configurations before service deployment. Participation in industry working groups and technical forums related to technology development and standards may be required.
The individual will also support vendors with product and service requirements based on Charter business needs and internal customer requests. The position requires strong technical skills working knowledge of the Access (not just limited to DOCSIS) Specifications including the following technologies:
• DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1
• CCAP, DAA (Remote Phy, Remote MAC/Phy)
• DSG, BSoD, Packet Cable
• IPv4, IPv6 • FTTx, EPON
• Other emerging technologies
• SDN/NFV, NETConf, YANG
• Openstack, VMWare, VSphere on UCS
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
• Develop a technology-driven team of engineers, encompassing both process and skillsets for test and design.
• Responsible for managing testing, evaluation, integration and configuration of Charter DOCSIS platforms.
• Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to commercial deployment.
• Manage documentation development related to design and proper configuration of system components.
• Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations. • Has ability to transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
• Represent Charter business interests in a wide variety of settings and relationships including company management, business partners, and equipment vendors.
• Be a contributor for Charter Business offerings such as RIP, MIR, BSOD and static IP services.
• In addition contribute to SW development and TR-069 technologies including defining Charter specifications for CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP).
• Define Charter custom models between customer-premises equipment (CPE) and Auto Configuration Servers (ACS).
• Position includes standardizing Charter auto configuration and the control of other CPE management functions within an integrated framework.
• This includes design and testing of the growing number of different Internet access devices such as modems, OLT’s, eMTA’s, routers, gateways, set-top boxes, and VoIP-phones for the end-users. • Contribute to the growth of SDN/NFV in the Access device categories, utilizing NETConf and YANG models.
• Act as highest-level escalation point for customer issues in the enterprise.
• Plan and manage yearly budgets for test and development equipment, consumable equipment and travel.
REQUIREMENTS: ACCESS Technology Knowledge: DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, DAA, Remote MAC/MAC-Phy, HFC/RF/Optical, i-CMTS, M-CMTS, (E6000, 10K, cBR8, C100G, C40G) CCAP, eCM’s, eMTA’s, Business Services (RIP, Static, MIR, BsOD), PON/FTTx, ePON, OLT’s, (C9516, 7360 FX-4, FSU7100) MAP-T, NAT444, IPv6, NETConf, YANG, Openstack, VMware, VSphere, UCS, TR-069, ACS, CWMP experience
Master's degree in engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
Management experience 7
Engineering experience and/or network operations 10
Project management experience 2
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Advanced Knowledge of company products and services