The Director Integrated Business Planning is accountable for the execution and effectiveness of the entire Integrated Business Planning process for the region. This individual will collaborate with the IBP Global Process Owner to ensure an effective design in the region and influence the global IBP process design as a member of the IBP Global Process Governance Team. This role operates at the most senior level of the business unit and drives the decision-making process in line with the business goals. This individual will mainly focus on the executive and regional S&OP processes and will support plant materials management to develop and streamline the plant level S&OP's and ensure connectivity to the other parts of the process. This includes: Coordinating all facets of the S&OP/IBP processes that provide an optimum Internal and External Customer Service Level and working capital guidelines as defined by the Business Plan; Partnering with demand team to ensure the Demand Consensus process delivers an agreed upon, workable volume forecast (mid and long term); Ensuring gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated; Managing the Supply Review process to deliver a cohesive response to the demand requirements. Ensuring that gaps in ability to supply are addressed, sufficient scenarios are prepared and preparations for Management Executive S&OP are completed.
- Responsible for the effectiveness of the overall regional S&OP/IBP process in alignment with the Global IBP process design. As a member of the IBP global process governance team, ensures the global IBP standards meet the needs of the region or are modified to meet the needs of the region. In alignment with IBP governance, responsible to identify and recommend improvements on how the S&OP/IBP process will align with existing partner processes, including customer, channel or category requirements, operating budget processes, strategic planning or short-term customer fulfillment. Work with the sub process representatives to ensure that their current process practices are well-aligned with the goals of the overall S&OP process. Responsible for ensuring other meetings in the S&OP cycle are effectively driving business decisions at the right level. Deploys key meetings in the S&OP process facilitated by other leaders (plant S&Ops) and works with meeting owners to ensure sustainability. Defines the linkage between the various meetings in the S&OP cycle and ensures information connectivity across the meetings.
- Responsible for leading all Executive-level S&OP Meetings in the region in order create a demand-driven, profitable supply response across the extended supply chain, considering both internal and trading partner capabilities balancing customer service (case fill, perfect order, or on time in full), Inventory (DOS vs. Target), and Cost measures. Responsible to lead the BU Executive S&OPs, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations to the Region Executive S&OP. This individual will facilitate the Regional Executive S&OP, organize the participation of Key Executives, ensure the correct data and metrics are available, present critical issues, risks and opportunities and drive decision making for all key issues. The Director S&OP will create the S&OP minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions. Responsible for driving business decision on tradeoffs and making transparent risks and opportunities. Responsible to maintain senior leader engagement in the process to ensure that decisions are taken within the process.
- Act as the chief champion of the process in the region, developing change management and education programs to demonstrate the logic behind and value of adopting S&OP/IBP. In collaboration with the IBP Global Process Owner, conducts S&OP maturity self-assessments. Develops the roadmap for regional maturity targets and improvements in alignment with regional business goals. Develop and measures process-related KPIs to ensure adherence and continued efficacy of the S&OP/IBP process.
- Leads the High-Performance Program and acts as the Regional SC pillar owner in the Journey to Excellence program to ensure consistent deployment of standards and assess needs based on KPI delivery. Using global standards, ensures KPIs and analytics are tracked across the SC pillar and plan organization. Lead the supply chain planning organization in all areas of continuous improvement and in the identification of opportunities to across the value chain to reduce losses. Identifies talent competencies and gaps. Leads in the development of planning-related training priorities, programs, and content in conjunction with the Supply Chain Academy.
- Establishes best in class S&OP/IBP capabilities for the region including people/organizations, processes, technology, and metrics. Participates in the development of global IBP policies, standards, technologies, and procedures as a member of the global IBP process governance team. In alignment with global governance, identifies and maintains regional IBP policies, standards, technologies, and procedures, Responsible for the development of organizational strategy and technology strategy to ensure continuous improvement and growth in capability and performance in all aspects of integrated business planning. Conducts knowledge sharing, benchmarking current & future industry trends with peer Consumer Product Goods companies and other external research companies to ensure processes are best in class.
- Lead the associated team by providing guidelines for implementation and execution of all S&OP/ IBP activities. Provide coaching, thought leadership, opportunities for personal development, and ensuring a continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or related field required
- 7-10 years cumulative experience in Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Logistics, Procurement, Manufacturing, Operations, Customer Service, or Supply Chain consulting.
- Experience with ERP (SAP/APO/SNP/PPDS Optimizer) & Advanced Planning Systems e.g. IBP, SMARTOPS.
- Excellent analytical skills - ability to manage & manipulate large amounts of data & convert to clear business information. Demonstrated ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, problem solve and resolve complex issues required.
- Experience with single echelon or multi echelon inventory optimization software
- Ability to challenge the status quo, think creatively, and take on challenging and often unpopular positions
- Ability to manage large projects and/or process improvement initiatives with cross functional teams using advanced influencing & leadership skills required
- Outstanding communication, organization, and coaching skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably present to all levels of leadership in and out of the Supply Chain.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Power Point, Word