McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission?by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You?ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that?s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Director, Insurance Processing and Documentation to be located in Moon Township, PA.
Join a company that is consistently recognized for being best in class.
- A Fortune ?Most Admired? Company
- A LinkedIn?Top Attractor?
- A Business Insider ?25 Best Healthcare Companies to Work for in America?
- A Human Rights Campaign ?Best Places to Work? for LGBT workplace equality
- A military and disability friendly workplace
- A ?Top 25? company for Employee Resource Groups
- Manage the daily operations of the Verifications, Documentation, Medical Records, Medical Coding and Quality Review teams (approx. 125-150 employees).
- Ensure orders are verified and authorized; documentation for shipping and billing is received, logged and filed; and orders are validated and confirmed.
- Ensure that all Medical Records are received, stored appropriately and are readily accessible at all times.
- Ensure that processes are established, implemented, managed and monitored around the accurate ICD-10 coding of all orders.
- Ensure all functions are performed efficiently, timely and accurately in order to achieve maximum reimbursement on revenue while maintaining regulatory, legal, contractual and company compliance.
- Apply best practices, excellent customer service, and a positive and motivated work environment. Establish departmental goals to align with company initiatives, and plan detailed strategy to achieve goals within a set timeline.
- Assist Management Team in establishing goals and review methods they have established.
- Ensure Management Team is achieving goals within set timelines.
Position Description/General Job Family InformationResponsible for directing the billing and administrative functions for the Company's third party billing and claims processing division. Plans, organizes and operates one or more of the following functions for Reimbursement Services: Medicare Full Assignment, Contract Billing, and Managed Care Billing and Verifications, Document Collections, Cash Applications and Collections, Master file Administration and Records Management. Stays abreast of changes and potential changes in Federal Healthcare programs and ensures compliance with regulations of all Federal Healthcare programs, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the requirements of third party payers. Establishes and implements new policies/procedures/metrics to continually recognize efficiencies.
- 8+ years third party claims management experience in a multiple payer environment in the healthcare industry
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Must have experience in a similar Home Medical Equipment (HME and/or Durable Medical Equipment (DME) company of similar size, or experience working for an insurance company in similar role.
- Experience to include significant Government experience (Medicare, Medicaid) with significant experience with and understanding of regulations and guidelines.
- Significant experience leading large teams and ability to motivate exempt and non-exempt employees
- Superb attention to detail, organizational, communication and presentation skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- College degreepreferred
- 4-yeardegree in finance, accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
- Computer based work
Job Type: Full-time